Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 - Any Instructions for Using PIP?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWinter Park, Florida

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Can't find anything on how to use it other than to turn it on from the information bar. I did a search but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
GO GATORS!!!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

Can't find anything on how to use it other than to turn it on from the information bar. I did a search but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Using the info bar is currently the only way.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

http://www.weaknees....-spec-sheet.pdf This shows how to change active screens and thus the 2 channels. Overall it's pretty basic. It would be nice if there was some remote based control on position and stuff. Thanks though.
GO GATORS!!!

#4 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 535 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

mine installer told me don't use the PIP it will do damages to the TV in long run

#5 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

mine installer told me don't use the PIP it will do damages to the TV in long run

Your installer had pot brownies for lunch then...
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#6 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,906 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

I've not seen the split screen for PIP on the HR34, but perhaps he is thinking that there is some sort of high contrast border between "pictures" that will potentially result in image retention at the borders?

Otherwise the claim makes no sense at all. Unless there is some sort of fixed image on the screen (like a border) for long periods of time, there is no obvious potential for damage...and even then the only displays that are vulnerable to the problem are older phosphor screens and plasmas in general (although many claim it isn't true for modern plasmas either, but I'm not convinced).

I'd sure like to hear the basis for the PIP damage claim.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#7 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

I've used PIP thru my TV and a second tuner for years with no issue. Have left it on for hours on my Plasma. I was hoping the HR34 PIP would have some of the same features while giving me the ability to lose a box as the PIP source. I may not be able to do that given the lack of PIP features and the requirement of having to use the info bar to move the screen. Hopefully, they improve on this in the future.
GO GATORS!!!

#8 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,342 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

See Runners' post....:hurah:

Under a very narrow set of circumstances, it could cause a bit of of a problem.
My plasma has a setting that'll move the picture by a few pixels every so often.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...