Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

So I may come back to DTV...

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Capmeister

Capmeister

Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

I don't have a landline phone. Just a cell phone with a home number. :) I don't even answer it. It goes to googlevoice on my personal cell.

And thanks for the warm welcome back. :-D
--Cap

-------------------------
TVSHOWBOARDS.COM

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   chroma601

chroma601

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSylva, NC

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:15 AM

I just came back after six months on cable.  DirecTV gave me a very decent starting price.  I know it will be going up over time, but I have to say the service blows away its local cable competition here.  I'm thrilled to be back, and loving my HR44.

#23 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

Give us your POV of how things worked for you external to the DTV universe.

My POV from inside is that things have gone downhill somewhat in regards to functionality, speed, and reliability in your absence. Things have devolved to the level of DISH, and they now have options that we don't.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

spam firewall