Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34/Genie price

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 806 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

Just wanted to let anyone who is not aware of this yet that it has dropped to $299 from $399 as of today. Your price can potentially vary as far as installation, early upgrade fees, etc, but the leased price is now $299 whereas before it was $399.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

It is also free now to new customers, as well as 3 free C31 clients (Instead of $99 for the HR34, and 3 free HD receivers from the old deal).
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#3 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,967 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Yes, lots of Genie publicity on the DirecTV web-site today. It's now reached the big-time.

Access the web-site without the existing customer cookie and lot of good graphics and description. The beast DVR has been released.
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#4 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 806 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Yep!
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#5 OFFLINE   BAHitman

BAHitman

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 430 posts
  • LocationAustin Texas

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Wonder if this means we can now get 2 of them now...

HR34, HR20x3, HR22, HR23, H24, H21

-BAHitman

#6 ONLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

Thirsty from pretzels

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,091 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Yes, lots of Genie publicity on the DirecTV web-site today. It's now reached the big-time.

Access the web-site without the existing customer cookie and lot of good graphics and description. The beast DVR has been released.

Complete with logo!

http://www.dbstalk.c...=1&d=1349985804

Attached Files

#7 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,761 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

One company went to zoo for inspire new customers, this one - to myths. Duh !

Looks to me as light reflection, an attempt to catch a level of dish latest combo; but can't jump to get it, hehe: it has only 1 TB drive ( the price of 2 TB is not far, counting big discount if DTV will order 1M of these).

Edited by P Smith, 11 October 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 806 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

Wonder if this means we can now get 2 of them now...

Limit one per account still!
DirecTV Employee

spam firewall