Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'Cancelled' recordings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jacksonm30354

jacksonm30354

Icon

• Registered
  • 615 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

I've been having an ongoing issue with Young & The Restless not recording. In the history, I see:

'This episode was cancelled because it did not match your show type settings or the program has already been recorded. (13/6/The Young and the Restless episode type:1 CID: 1 1 1146 986)'

It will occasionally record an episode but most of the time It cancels because of this error. The CBS affiliate in Atlanta (WGCL 46) airs this on delay at 3PM instead of 11am or 12:30pm like most east coast affiliates. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Now it's happened on another show, Survivor, last night which airs on the same station, but was at the normal 8pm timeslot.

'This episode was cancelled because it did not match your show type settings or the program has already been recorded. (13/6/Survivor: Philippines episode type:1 CID: 1 1 17F353 4)'

Any ideas on how to prevent these cancellations?

I have an Hr34-700 running 0x5C2

Edit: these series recording are set to record only new episodes.

Edited by jacksonm30354, 11 October 2012 - 03:44 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,209 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

Dunno how to totally prevent that other than shutting Genie Recommends down. I've taken to checking the To Do list frequently, and even the Playlist at the start of a show to make sure critical programs are being recorded. Kinda limiting, no?:sure:

Pretty sure a software fix is needed.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#3 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Reboot the HR34. Do it via the Menu option. You may get a pop up that there's a recording in process. On occasion, the box thinks it recording an episode when it isn't.

For example it might show SURVIVOR is currently recording, do you want to restart?
Even when it isn't airing.

A restart clears all 5 tuners in case that's it.

#4 OFFLINE   MikeJW

MikeJW

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

i too had this happen with "survivor" this week. i have genie turned off and it still happens once in awhile.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...