Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish iPad app stuck on SD . .

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pmjones

pmjones

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

So, the last few weeks the iPad application has been stuck in 'SD' mode even though absolutely nothing has changed with my router or sling setup.

Any thoughts on this? Even when I select 'HD' as the only option, it plays in SD, yet at a high enough bit rate to easily do HD. The other strange part - if I uninstall and reinstall the app, I get HD . . . . Until the next time I open the app (next day, etc.) and then we are back to SD only.

Anyone else see this or have an idea?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,080 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

So, the last few weeks the iPad application has been stuck in 'SD' mode even though absolutely nothing has changed with my router or sling setup.

Any thoughts on this? Even when I select 'HD' as the only option, it plays in SD, yet at a high enough bit rate to easily do HD. The other strange part - if I uninstall and reinstall the app, I get HD . . . . Until the next time I open the app (next day, etc.) and then we are back to SD only.

It's a problem with Sling itself on a back end server. It's happened on all independant slingbox's themselves as well. they just released a slingbox update to address the issue and have corrected it on all standalone models except the solo (which I'm assuming the coding for the combo/integrated IRD models is based off since ypour still having issues).

You can consult the forums on sling for an update oon the issue. The new iphone app update specifically mentions the issue will be corrected by the end of October.

#3 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

This is being fixed with an update soon.

#4 OFFLINE   pmjones

pmjones

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

This is being fixed with an update soon.

Do you have any more info on this? Recently switched from a 722 to a 922 and same problem. If I reinstall the iPad app, I get HQ (until the next time I log on) then stuck in Standard Quality. Yet bitrate is at 4k (!).

#5 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

It's working fine for me now.

#6 OFFLINE   pmjones

pmjones

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

It's working fine for me now.

Also working for me now (since the update).

spam firewall