Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Genie: Version 0x05CD - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,876 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

This is the official Issues and Discussion thread for HR34, version 0x05CD

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=209504

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   don s

don s

Mentor

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Whole Home issues persist between my HR34 and other HR24s after this release still. I am growing impatient waiting on resolutions :mad:

#3 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 584 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

I am away from home for a week. I have several recordings set up. Should I be worried that this update may have "boogered up" my 34 whilst away???
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#4 OFFLINE   wyy183

wyy183

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

HR34 is much more sluggish.

Occasional temporary freezing, for several minutes before coming back to life. Have had it do this going "Back" on menus, when "Exit" a menu to return to full-screen.

H25 DVR play-back is sluggish to start. Forward, skip/slip-forward usually takes me back to menu to resume.

Wonder what is supposed to be fixed & improved?

I plan to restart H34 in about an hour when a movie finishes recording.

#5 OFFLINE   bmmarly

bmmarly

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Looks like this update solved the Samsung TV RVU issue. Still testing, however TVs powered on and off multiple times and re-established connection every time.

#6 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

I've noticed my DVR is sluggish today but it will be this way for the first 24-48 hours until the Guide reloads. I'd give it a day or two before you decide it's the software's fault.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#7 OFFLINE   thunter913

thunter913

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

Unfortunately, the progress bar continues to appear when the Advance button is pressed on the HR34 even though this behavior doesn't occur on the HR20, HR21, and HR24.

After all this time my guess is DIRECTV is not going to fix this issue even though many people on this forum have been complaining about the change to the HR34. The only reason I can see for not fixing it is because DIRECTV wants the behavior on the HR34 to become the standard behavior

I don't know if DIRECTV would ever add a preference to allow you to select the type of behavior you wanted for the progress bar (doubtful). The other possibility might be to add an undocumented code that toggles the behavior, similar to the way the 30SLIP and 30SKIP work (possible).

#8 OFFLINE   xtoyz

xtoyz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Mine locked up with an over temperature after install, and seems a bit buggy compared to usual right now. No other issues to speak of, yet.

#9 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 965 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

FFx on a remote recording is useless. Instead of auto-correcting, it advances. Auto-correct with FFx on local recording is improved, but still not as good as on HR2x series. Pandora still cannot be used while viewing anything on the HR34. Small steps forward with this release, still a little ways to go though.....

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#10 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 626 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

The annoying Record this Program pop up issue continues, after the upgrade, even if the the option is turned off.

A reset/restart does not fix the problem.

Still have not seen audio drop outs or the issue with the Guide over writing a couple lines, since the upgrade. Guide Page Up/Page Down seems to be more responsive.

Edited by nmetro, 12 October 2012 - 04:44 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   EyeRonik1

EyeRonik1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Occasional temporary freezing, for several minutes before coming back to life. Have had it do this going "Back" on menus, when "Exit" a menu to return to full-screen.

H25 DVR play-back is sluggish to start. Forward, skip/slip-forward usually takes me back to menu to resume.

Wonder what is supposed to be fixed & improved?

I plan to restart H34 in about an hour when a movie finishes recording.

I've had periods with multi-minute delays for every activity for the previous version. Pausing a show, for example, might take two minutes. A restart fixes it at least temporarily but that's not always convenient. After a few days or a week, the slowness will return, and then get better.

This new version is quite snappy now. I'll see if it goes bad again.

#12 OFFLINE   raromr

raromr

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

Still have the progress bar issue. The issue with Canceling futur recordings you get the message do you want to stop the recording and keep or delete a swell as the problem if you try to ff an HR34 recording to real time on another networked HR the playback stops and you get the playback failed message. FIX THESE!!

#13 OFFLINE   jagrim

jagrim

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

HR34-700
Report All #: 20121012

Issue:
Pressed guide and it came up blank. Unit became unresponsive with PIP playing for close to 5 minutes then guide finally came up. Cited out of guide and everything good.

Had I not been recording (2) shows, I would have probably hit the RBR to fix.

#14 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

FFx on a remote recording is useless. Instead of auto-correcting, it advances. Auto-correct with FFx on local recording is improved, but still not as good as on HR2x series. Pandora still cannot be used while viewing anything on the HR34. Small steps forward with this release, still a little ways to go though.....

All of the annoyingly above.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#15 OFFLINE   dsw2112

dsw2112

Always Searching

• Registered
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

...FFx on a remote recording is useless. Instead of auto-correcting, it advances.....

Had someone house sitting for us, and they had some particularly nasty things to say about the 34's trickplay ability on remote recordings. This is one that needs to get addressed quickly...
SL3-Slimline to SWM16 - DECA
HR34-700, HR24-500, & HR22-100

#16 OFFLINE   jlangner

jlangner

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Tried to watch recorded shows tonight and wvery minute or so freezes. Have to do x1 or x2 to get going again. I wondered wtf happened and saw I got the update last night. This sux.

#17 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

The annoying Record this Program pop up issue continues, after the upgrade, even if the the option is turned off.

A reset/restart does not fix the problem.

Still have not seen audio drop outs or the issue with the Guide over writing a couple lines, since the upgrade. Guide Page Up/Page Down seems to be more responsive.

I like to to record partials. In order for me to record just the portion of the program that I want, I must quickly change channels and back again using the PREV button so I don't record what's in the latent (green line) memory. Now with the stupid stupid RECORD prompt, it takes about 6 seconds to change channels and back again to erase that latent memory instead of the normal about 2 seconds. Now I am missing a lot of my "in points" on the partial recording I want to get. That RECORD prompt is a nightmare for me.

BTW: I have posted before about the issue of having to change channels to erase the latent (green line) memory. That's stupid. As I have suggested in the past, wouldn't it be nice if, say, one were to be able to erase the latent memory by, say, pressing the EXIT button, say, three times and not have to change channels and change back to erase it? DTV are you listening? Thanks.

#18 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

Like another post says, I also have had a freeze up with 0x05cd. I was watching a recorded video and I pressed FFWD and nothing happened. No other remote function button did anything, either. I'd say about 1 minute later the HR34 finally unfroze itself. This is scary. With the short-run 0x5c2, my HR34 froze up 8 times. Three times it needed to be rebooted. Why are the software updates not getting any better? Thanks.

#19 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

Don't you love it when you play a recorded video and the stupid stupid TO RECORD THIS PROGRAM prompt pops up on the bottom of the screen? Hello, DTV, the program is already recorded!

#20 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

FFWD > PLAY > BACKSPACE is when you are in the FFWD (or FastRW) mode and you press PLAY and the hard drive then backs up a number of seconds to a point in the video before where you pressed PLAY so as to compensate for your reaction time and thus allows you to start seeing the video at a point somewhat before where you pressed PLAY. Great idea, eh? The BACKSPACE function has and still does work perfectly with my HR23 and HR24. The HR34 with 0x05cd does now backspace, but not nearly enough. Even Jonathan Quick doesn't have the reflexes to get the HR34 back to a point in the video where the missed video can be seen again. DTV: the BACKSPACE function when in FFWD mode speed 2 need to be lengthened by about, say, 5 seconds. In FFWD mode 3, the BACKSPACE needs to be lengthened by about, say, 8 seconds. Thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...