Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Genie: Version 0x05CD - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,025 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Since the last software update, I'm experiencing a new bug, and it occurs EVERY TIME I do this action:

Browsing through the 'to do' list, I see an episode of a show (set to record via a season pass) that I don't want to record. I hit the red button to delete the episode, and the DVR tells me that the episode is currently being recorded, and asks if I'm sure I want to delete it. I say 'yes', and then it asks if I want to save the partial recording.

Now the kicker.... these messages come up when I'm deleting a recording several days in advance!! Obviously it's not currently recording. :confused:

I can duplicate this new bug every time. Is anyone else experiencing it?

Yes, others see this bug and DIRECTV knows about it. Hopefully it will be corrected in a future software release.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   johnr9e

johnr9e

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

I'm not sure if this is an HR24 bug or an HR34 bug, but since I did not observe the problem until Saturday, evidence suggests the HR34 via this new software update:

After selecting certain (but not all) shared programs on the HR24 list, programs shared from the HR34 to the HR24, the playback menu is blacked out. However, the programs can still be played by hitting the play key back up in the list menu with the program selected. The programs in questions are regular recorded DisJrHD and HistoryHD programs. On a H24 in another room, those same episodes programs can be selected and played normally.

#43 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,849 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

I am a new DirecTV subscriber; our system has been installed for about 2 weeks now. At that time, I did not realize that a "connection kit" was needed to receive You Tube or other channels. So I ordered one and have been trying to get internet service every since. I have a HR34-700 with a decabb1mr0-01 coming off a splitter. Best I could determine, I needed to connect by "Method 2" because I have a SWiM dish, according to DirecTV online help.

My problem now is that I'm so confused by online reading, with none of the solutions seeming to work for me. My router is in another room, and I have made connection with it wirelessly to the Home Kit access point I ordered. I've tried hooking the decca to the HR34 and to the wireless device (at different times), but regardless of my efforts, I still get the "Internet never connected" message after pressing the 'dash' button on the remote. I'm guessing the problem is something very basic that I don't know a thing about.

Help would be very much appreciated. Pictures work very well for me. As this is my first posting, please forgive me if it's not in the correct forum.

Thanks. :confused:

It's a bit confusing as to what you have.
The decabb1mr0-01 is a non wireless DECA to ethernet device.
This wouldn't be any different than connecting the ethernet cable from the HR34 directly to your router.

"I've tried hooking the decca to the HR34 and to the wireless device"

What is the wireless device?
Does it look like this: http://www.solidsign...on-Kit-(CCK-W)#

This might be better addressed in a thread I started here for this: http://www.dbstalk.c...433#post3113433

Edited by veryoldschool, 15 October 2012 - 11:12 AM.

A.K.A VOS

#44 OFFLINE   Shaddow

Shaddow

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

I've had Genie on for a while and never really used it. It's picking up some things I have on season passes on other boxes so I know it seems to be finding some things I'll like, so I've left it on the see if might help me in case I miss something I meant to watch or found out after it aired.

Well today was that day to find out. At work we started talking about walking dead, and I thought, I didn't see that taping last night, damn I had cable last year at this time, so I wouldn't have a leftover season pass on any of my boxes. Maybe Genie got it?!

So I get home and look under TV shows and I see Walking Dead. Wow! maybe this Genie thing might be useful. Click on it.... it's the 5 min season preview. Now why would it think I would like it enough to record the 5 min preview BUT NOT THE ACTUAL SHOW ITSELF?!?!?!?

Something needs to be tuned a bit better I think.

#45 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

HR34-700 0x05CD

Report #: 20121015-12B1

Issue: Genie Not Releasing Tuners on Channel Change
Went to change a channel tonight and got promoted with the Tuner Conflict screen. My C31 was using one tuner, two others were being used for recordings. The last two I could see we're being used by Genie to record shows. Obviously, I should not have received the Tuner Conflict screen. The HR34 should have just released one of those two tuners to me.

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#46 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,585 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

HR34-700
20121015-EFD

Progress Bar pops up with 30SKIP. This should not be seen in this operation.

Two second setting for banner ads seems more like 3 seconds.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#47 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

Last night around 7pm finished a recording and found a frozen screen @ 6:37 on NBC. I was able to rewind, but not FF. Screen froze @ 6:37 again. I finally was able to get it to FF up to current time, rewound but would still freeze @ 6:37 each time. I also experienced a ghost recording w/ the frozen screen under the previous release with a 2hr blank episode of The Amazing Race a couple of weeks ago. Genie is set to off.
HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

#48 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

I'm not sure if this is an HR24 bug or an HR34 bug, but since I did not observe the problem until Saturday, evidence suggests the HR34 via this new software update:

After selecting certain (but not all) shared programs on the HR24 list, programs shared from the HR34 to the HR24, the playback menu is blacked out. However, the programs can still be played by hitting the play key back up in the list menu with the program selected. The programs in questions are regular recorded DisJrHD and HistoryHD programs. On a H24 in another room, those same episodes programs can be selected and played normally.

Can someone tell me what a "shared program is?" I have an HR34, HR24. HR23. Thanks!

#49 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,617 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

Can someone tell me what a "shared program is?" I have an HR34, HR24. HR23. Thanks!

Looks to me like johnr9e's referring to HR34 recordings appearing on his HR24 playlist.
/steve

#50 OFFLINE   samthegam

samthegam

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

There is no poster art displayed on HR34 for programs recorded on HR24. The HR24 does display poster art on programs recorded from HR34.

Network Services won't connect unless the setting is manual and not on automatic.

HDMI handshake issue with Pioneer Receiver requiring two RBR to restore picture.

#51 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

Looks to me like johnr9e's referring to HR34 recordings appearing on his HR24 playlist.

I'm still in the dark, Steve. Does that have something to do with a Whole Home issue? Thanks.

#52 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

Last night I randomly selected 25 stations to tune to. 23 of them came on the screen and showed no RECORD THIS EPISODE prompt. Only 2 did. JHC I hope that stupid prompt will totally disappear soon. Thanks.

#53 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,617 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

I'm still in the dark, Steve. Does that have something to do with a Whole Home issue? Thanks.

Yup. Whole Home playlist sharing and playback issue, HR34 to HR24.
/steve

#54 OFFLINE   MrLatte

MrLatte

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Last night I turned on the TV 15 minutes before the debate was to start and I was greeted with a black screen on channel 360 FOX News stating that I should call DirecTV because I wasn't authorized to view that channel. I changed channels back and forth and others worked but not 360. I did a "reauthorize receiver" on the website but that didn't immediately fix the problem. I watched the debate (on channel 360) on my HR22 instead. After the debate I had channel 360 back on the HR34.

#55 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 584 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

MrLatte, my 34 recorded chnl 360 just fine, maybe cause I watch the chnl all the time and it's used to me ;)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#56 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,025 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Still waiting on the dreaded Genie update for my HR34... it looks like mine just doesn't feel like updating! I'm 2 versions behind, what the... :confused:

Genie is in the current national release of HR34 software, you can always try a force download, reboot the HR34 and enter 0 2 4 6 8 as soon as the center circle LED's light up on the HR34's front panel, that should get you release 0X5CD.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#57 OFFLINE   Skerlnik

Skerlnik

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

Genie is in the current national release of HR34 software, you can always try a force download, reboot the HR34 and enter 0 2 4 6 8 as soon as the center circle LED's light up on the HR34's front panel, that should get you release 0X5CD.

You know I tried that number sequence with my Harmony remote while the DVR rebooted, but it did nothing. Perhaps I need to use the actual DTV remote...

#58 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

When trying to set any program to record from an H25, I get the message..

"Can't Record. This program is already set to record."

#59 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,585 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

When trying to set any program to record from an H25, I get the message..

"Can't Record. This program is already set to record."

Same. Only fix I found is to turn off Genie Recommends.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#60 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

HR34-700 (0x05CD)
Diagnostic Report: 20121018-2A08
All menus switched to a white background; sent report before doing a menu reset which fixed the issue.
Posted Image

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

Protected By... spam firewall...And...