Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Genie: Version 0x05CD - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

Looks to me like johnr9e's referring to HR34 recordings appearing on his HR24 playlist.

I'm still in the dark, Steve. Does that have something to do with a Whole Home issue? Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

Last night I randomly selected 25 stations to tune to. 23 of them came on the screen and showed no RECORD THIS EPISODE prompt. Only 2 did. JHC I hope that stupid prompt will totally disappear soon. Thanks.

#53 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,827 posts
  • LocationLower Westchester County, NY

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

I'm still in the dark, Steve. Does that have something to do with a Whole Home issue? Thanks.

Yup. Whole Home playlist sharing and playback issue, HR34 to HR24.
/steve

#54 OFFLINE   MrLatte

MrLatte

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Last night I turned on the TV 15 minutes before the debate was to start and I was greeted with a black screen on channel 360 FOX News stating that I should call DirecTV because I wasn't authorized to view that channel. I changed channels back and forth and others worked but not 360. I did a "reauthorize receiver" on the website but that didn't immediately fix the problem. I watched the debate (on channel 360) on my HR22 instead. After the debate I had channel 360 back on the HR34.

#55 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 597 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

MrLatte, my 34 recorded chnl 360 just fine, maybe cause I watch the chnl all the time and it's used to me ;)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#56 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,255 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Still waiting on the dreaded Genie update for my HR34... it looks like mine just doesn't feel like updating! I'm 2 versions behind, what the... :confused:

Genie is in the current national release of HR34 software, you can always try a force download, reboot the HR34 and enter 0 2 4 6 8 as soon as the center circle LED's light up on the HR34's front panel, that should get you release 0X5CD.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#57 OFFLINE   Skerlnik

Skerlnik

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

Genie is in the current national release of HR34 software, you can always try a force download, reboot the HR34 and enter 0 2 4 6 8 as soon as the center circle LED's light up on the HR34's front panel, that should get you release 0X5CD.

You know I tried that number sequence with my Harmony remote while the DVR rebooted, but it did nothing. Perhaps I need to use the actual DTV remote...

#58 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

When trying to set any program to record from an H25, I get the message..

"Can't Record. This program is already set to record."

#59 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,007 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

When trying to set any program to record from an H25, I get the message..

"Can't Record. This program is already set to record."

Same. Only fix I found is to turn off Genie Recommends.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#60 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

HR34-700 (0x05CD)
Diagnostic Report: 20121018-2A08
All menus switched to a white background; sent report before doing a menu reset which fixed the issue.
Posted Image

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV  DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 7am-12:30am ET)  DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25.99 ($30.99 with HBO) | 3=$36.99 ($41.99 with HBO) | 4=$45.99 ($50.99 with HBO) | All 5=$57.99 per month

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#61 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 910 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

HR34-700 (0x05CD)
Diagnostic Report: 20121018-2A08
All menus switched to a white background; sent report before doing a menu reset which fixed the issue.
Posted Image

Hey, I like it! Look at all that easy-to-read contrast. Maybe instead of a "bug" we could get 'em to make this one an option. ;)

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#62 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hey, I like it! Look at all that easy-to-read contrast. Maybe instead of a "bug" we could get 'em to make this one an option. ;)

Really...I like the white screen too.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#63 OFFLINE   junbug99

junbug99

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

I'm not sure if this is an HR24 bug or an HR34 bug, but since I did not observe the problem until Saturday, evidence suggests the HR34 via this new software update:

After selecting certain (but not all) shared programs on the HR24 list, programs shared from the HR34 to the HR24, the playback menu is blacked out. However, the programs can still be played by hitting the play key back up in the list menu with the program selected. The programs in questions are regular recorded DisJrHD and HistoryHD programs. On a H24 in another room, those same episodes programs can be selected and played normally.

I have this same issue with trying to play shows recorded on HR34 from both an HR21 and HR22. However, if the show is recorded on the same day I try to play it from the other DVRs, there is no issue.
Did not know you could play straight from playlist. Will try this tonight. Thanks!

#64 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

Same. Only fix I found is to turn off Genie Recommends.

That works. Thanks for the tip.

#65 OFFLINE   kepper

kepper

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

I'm not sure if this is an HR24 bug or an HR34 bug, but since I did not observe the problem until Saturday, evidence suggests the HR34 via this new software update:

After selecting certain (but not all) shared programs on the HR24 list, programs shared from the HR34 to the HR24, the playback menu is blacked out. However, the programs can still be played by hitting the play key back up in the list menu with the program selected. The programs in questions are regular recorded DisJrHD and HistoryHD programs. On a H24 in another room, those same episodes programs can be selected and played normally.

Same problem seen last night on an HR21 when trying to playback a program recorded on the HR34.

#66 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 737 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Really...I like the white screen too.

Agree. This is far easier to read. The white on black is very difficult to read.

#67 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

At least all day yesterday I got no TO RECORD THIS EPISODE prompt on any channel. Hallelujah! Don't you love it when you key in a new channel on the remote and the new channel number appears in the upper left corner of the screen but the HR34 then does not change to the new channel? Sometimes, for me, anyway, it takes three times to get it to change.

Alas, I turned on my HR34 this morning and the horrible TO RECORD THIS EPISODE prompt was back! At least on some channels.

Edited by jibberyerkibber, 20 October 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#68 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Agree. This is far easier to read. The white on black is very difficult to read.

What software version on what receiver? It should be easy to read when on an HD channel, though clearly some don't like the color scheme.

#69 OFFLINE   xtoyz

xtoyz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Guide info does not match currently highlighted program. Example: I have the cowboys/panthers game highlighted and the info is for titans/bills. It seems to be "top program" highlighted, and "bottom program" info in the guide. Selecting the highlighted program to watch results in the channel changing to whatever the info is displaying.

The highlight randomly disappears.

Incredibly sluggish and unresponsive all week.

Mini guide no longer has a highlight feature, which means I cannot select a program to watch via the mini guide.

#70 OFFLINE   matrixj3

matrixj3

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Just a minor thing on mine..i cant see who the "guests" are going to be for shows like the "Tonight Show" and "Letterman". All it has is Dave and Jay in the cast and crew but no guests?! Anyone else getting this?

#71 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,827 posts
  • LocationLower Westchester County, NY

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Just a minor thing on mine..i cant see who the "guests" are going to be for shows like the "Tonight Show" and "Letterman". All it has is Dave and Jay in the cast and crew but no guests?! Anyone else getting this?

Yup. I have the same issue. Hopefully just a matter of time before the HR34 cast & crew data is as rich as the HR2x guide data.
/steve

#72 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 248 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

Damn what a shame.... I just got the Genie a few days ago and had a freeze, and its missed 4 shows set to first run. Tonight was the oddest though, the voice, set to record from 7-8, I checked and it showed the double record at the top as if it was recording, yet there was no recording on the display that it was... i went in and deleted the recording of the series, then set again, and the last 15 minutes recorded.... It got the newest update the other night also... I hope this get this all fixed, its a machine I was so hoping that would fix all my recording conflicts and instead its missing shows left and right....

Plus the lock up, all jammed up, while switching channels, remote lost all function, it just hung then all of the sudden it came back on.... Some really odd behavior with this box..

Edited by Datagg, 23 October 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#73 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

Don't despair! With a brand new box, esp. the HR34, and with Genie Recommends running, it has a lot of downloading and sorting to do, so the first days may be difficult.

I'd be inclined to turn off Genie Recommends, and record only from the DVR itself for the time being.

What software version do you show?

#74 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

I have an HR34, an HR23, and an HR24. The 23 and 24 usually offer much more CAST and CREW information than does the HR34. For example I checked the CAST and CREW on my 23 and 24 for a particular Charlie's Angels episode on channel 564. The 23 and 24 yielded 15 results while the HR34 yielded only 5. This type of thing has been true for all versions of the HR34 software, and it happens with many programs, not just Charlie's Angels. Anyone know why? Thanks.

#75 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

For shows such as those, the banner info/more info usually gives out all the info, and cast and crew sometimes repeat that info, sometimes leave blank.

I don't know whether the less info on movies, etc. is a temporary thing or more permanent.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...