Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 and 2 H25's recording issue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sheetz23

sheetz23

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

I've searched but haven't seen this problem listed anywhere. My HR34 is working fine (knock on wood) but I'm having an issue with the H25's. They can playback recordings just fine but whenever I try to record a program via the H25 guide is brings up a message stating "Can't record. This program is already set to record" I then check on the HR34 and the program is not listed as being set to record. I can set it to record on the HR34 just fine but not from the H25's. Anyone else having this issue? It just started about 2 weeks ago and resetting the boxes has no effect. Thanks!

Edited by sheetz23, 14 October 2012 - 10:23 AM.
mis spelling

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,202 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Yes, and welcome to DBSTalk.

I have had that issue as well. I believed it the first time, but now I just make my recordings from the '334. I am sure a fix will be forthcoming, but don't know when.

I believe turning off Genie might cure that glitch, and I will try same here today.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#3 OFFLINE   sheetz23

sheetz23

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

Thanks Laxguy, I just turned Genie off and tested it and IT WORKS! My wife is now very happy (happy wife=happy life!)

#4 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,202 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

So happy for you, and also me, and anyone else for whom that's a problem!

Best wishes; thanks for posting that it is working for now; Do post back if the "fix" flops at a later time....
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#5 OFFLINE   harperhometheater

harperhometheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

...My wife is now very happy (happy wife=happy life!)

That's exactly why I'm swapping my H25's for C31's :)

Hey Maybe this is a secret thing they did to the H25 to make people "upgrade" to the C31 for $99 a pop? ;)
HarperVision, LLC
ISF Calibrations, Installations,
Repairs & Consultations

#6 OFFLINE   Barry in Conyers

Barry in Conyers

Godfather

• Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hey Maybe this is a secret thing they did to the H25 to make people "upgrade" to the C31 for $99 a pop? ;)

To paraphrase Napoleon, Heinlein and Hanlon, "Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence."

Just another example of poorly written firmware combined with poor pre-release testing and / or poor release management.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...