Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper Jumper to Genie - questions

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   tommiet

tommiet

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

So the contract you 'entered' with DirecTV was null and void at your whim? Glad you got what you want, but did you really enter into a contract??

Yes it was. New subs have the option to cancel with zero cost as long as it's done in 15 days or less after installation. Never got it installed. Direct was very nice about my request to cancel. No counter offer was made.

I guess it really was not a valid contact until I signed it AFTER the install. How about I "entered into an agreement?"

It's just TV...... and all I want is the best price for the same programming. The 5 tuners is nice, but have 6 now for less with the same programming and my 2 Hoppers can share programming. So I end up with 2TB of storage. If Direct would have lowered the price, I would still have an installation scheduled for tomorrow.

Again, I appreciate everyone quick response to my questions. VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!

I'll bet, I'll be coming back if Direct drops the price for new subs.....

Edited by tommiet, 17 October 2012 - 04:14 PM.

**** HARDWARE *****
2 Dish Hoppers (Gave up trying to get a Joey to work)
VIZIO 55” and 48" TruLED LCD 3D HDTV with VIZIO
JVC HDI RX-D402B Receiver
2 SLINGBOX PRO'S

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,092 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Yes it was. New subs have the option to cancel with zero cost as long as it's done in 15 days or less after installation.

I don't think that's DirecTV's normal policy. It would be if your state required it, but 15 days sounds generous. I've heard of some with a period of 3 days, if that.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...