Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

direct tv wiring

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tsmj

tsmj

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

iam looking at maybe going back to direct tv. turned off service in 1999. trying to see equiment and cabling i will need to get genie receiver installed also with two other hd tvs on the sys. my old pole is about 130 feet away from the house.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

You'll need the Slimline SL3 or SL5 SWM dish. This dish uses a mast with 2" OD pole.
This LNB uses 1 single cable from the dish. Then it will use SWM splitters for the receivers. It can suport up to 8 tuners. The Genie (HR34) has 5 and then two 31 RVU clients for a total of 7.

I'll let others reply as to the 130' from the dish.

Call DirecTV and they will set up everything you need.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

You'll need the Slimline SL3 or SL5 SWM dish. This dish uses a mast with 2" OD pole.
This LNB uses 1 single cable from the dish. Then it will use SWM splitters for the receivers. It can suport up to 8 tuners. The Genie (HR34) has 5 and then two 31 RVU clients for a total of 7.

I'll let others reply as to the 130' from the dish.

Call DirecTV and they will set up everything you need.

A C31 RVU client does NOT take one of the SWM tuner slots, so an HR34 plus two C31s is only five SWM slots. Each C31 does however use one of the C31 tuners when it is watching "live", so if both C31s are watching "live" the HR34 has only three tuners available for watching/recording.

#4 OFFLINE   wallfishman

wallfishman

Icon

• Registered
  • 509 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Each C31 does however use one of the C31 tuners when it is watching "live", so if both C31s are watching "live" the HR34 has only three tuners available for watching/recording.

i know you meant Each C31 uses one of the HR34 tuners......

#5 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

i know you meant Each C31 uses one of the HR34 tuners......

Oops yes - I should read before I post. Just to clarify again. A C31 uses one of the HR34 tuners when it is watching "live" It does NOT use one of the SWM slots.....

Protected By... spam firewall...And...