Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Deleting HR34 recordings from C31?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,861 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Whole home service is required for proper operation of the C31.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   swaits

swaits

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

And 1 DVR with a single point of failure, if it crashes, takes down everything. ;) But I do really love the HR34. Not so happy yet with the C31. It needs some more DirecTV lovin'.

Yep. But I'm not that worried about this. Things seem to run quite a long time these days. And, if I'm a few days w/o a DVR I have other ways of catching up. :grin:

For me the benefit greatly outweighs the risk!

#23 OFFLINE   Junkbarman

Junkbarman

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

And depending on how new a customer, there is the $20 Advanced Receiver Fee, which includes HD, MRV, and DVR fees all rolled into one. If the fees are broken out, it turns out to be $21. So, even though the HR34 showed Whole Home Not Authorized, if the customer is paying the Advanced Receiver Fee, there will be no change to the monthly bill.

- Merg

I hope CSR's are explaining this to customers, because new customers will not even realize they are actually saving money when they see the Advance Receiver Charge $20 on their bill..

as a new customer they have no idea what's going on in that charge let alone why it's actually a better savings..

#24 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

I hope CSR's are explaining this to customers, because new customers will not even realize they are actually saving money when they see the Advance Receiver Charge $20 on their bill..

as a new customer they have no idea what's going on in that charge let alone why it's actually a better savings..

That was the idea. New customers basically get hooked up automatically with Whole Home if they get a DVR and another receiver. So, the Advanced DVR Fee covers Whole Home, DVR, and HD. There is no breakdown of that cost for a new customer. They're just told this one cost covers all those features.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#25 OFFLINE   dielray

dielray

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

And depending on how new a customer, there is the $20 Advanced Receiver Fee, which includes HD, MRV, and DVR fees all rolled into one. If the fees are broken out, it turns out to be $21. So, even though the HR34 showed Whole Home Not Authorized, if the customer is paying the Advanced Receiver Fee, there will be no change to the monthly bill.

- Merg

Actually new customers will show authorized with only 1 HD/DVR on the account and are not subject to the equipment restriction of at least 1 HD/DVR + 1 HD. There is no need for a new customer to call in to add it, Genie will work normally. I suspect the inability to delete is an oversight, considering DirecTV has said to techs Whole Home is not required for Genie to function.
DirecTV Technician
My thoughts and opinions are my own, and do not necessarily represent those of DirecTV, my HSP, or anyone else.

#26 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,434 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Actually new customers will show authorized with only 1 HD/DVR on the account and are not subject to the equipment restriction of at least 1 HD/DVR + 1 HD. There is no need for a new customer to call in to add it, Genie will work normally. I suspect the inability to delete is an oversight, considering DirecTV has said to techs Whole Home is not required for Genie to function.

It's required for the Genie Client to function correctly.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#27 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

I was on the phone with tech support for about an hour an a half last night trying to get the whole home service properly activated on my account. They ended up submitting a ticket and said I should hear back from them within 48 hours or so... They said the C31 clients were not listed on my account properly or they weren't seeing them where they should...? Anyways it was preventing them from activating the whole home service. The last tech I was talking to was from the HR34 tech support team. The first person I talked to didn't even know what the heck I was talking about C31 Clients, he never heard of them. So we'll see how it goes when I hear back from them.

#28 OFFLINE   steelerfanmike

steelerfanmike

Legend

• Registered
  • 218 posts
  • LocationNj/pa border

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

while were on the hr34 subject. I just want to say.... Luv the clients.. BUT 3 problems I have with the HR34.

One can't delete recording from clients... (no biggy) rather save the 3.00 fee

two OTA tuner NEVER shuts off... (going to wear out)

three We all know it has a OTA scanner. But all the channels that are not in the Directv database gets deleted everytime the HR34 gets an update or a quick power glitch. (meaning it restarts) I have to add those channels back in the line up everytime. When I try to do this it thinks there in there already. I have to hit remove than re add them . Than there back in my guide.

Bonus request.... Please can I disable the ask to record evrything everytime I change the channel. I have the record tips turned off.
HR34-700 with a AM 21 OTA Tuner Hooked to a Sony HD3D 60" TV ( KDL-60EX720)
With 3 C31 Clients an using a Cisco E4200 V2 wireless router for APPS and Youtube
Hooked to a OTA Channel Master Roof mount 100 mile range antenna with a rotor.
To watch (Philly @ WilkesBarre PA. Locals)
Directv locals are NYC

#29 OFFLINE   Rickt1962

Rickt1962

Legend

• Registered
  • 296 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

So you dont have to pay to use the C31 per month ? You can set it up your self ? Only have to pay if you want the ability to delete any shows off the DVR

while were on the hr34 subject. I just want to say.... Luv the clients.. BUT 3 problems I have with the HR34.

two OTA tuner NEVER shuts off... (going to wear out)

three We all know it has a OTA scanner. But all the channels that are not in the Directv database gets deleted everytime the HR34 gets an update or a quick power glitch. (meaning it restarts) I have to add those channels back in the line up everytime. When I try to do this it thinks there in there already. I have to hit remove than re add them . Than there back in my guide.

Bonus request.... Please can I disable the ask to record evrything everytime I change the channel. I have the record tips turned off.

#30 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,538 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

So you dont have to pay to use the C31 per month ? You can set it up your self ? Only have to pay if you want the ability to delete any shows off the DVR

You still have to pay $6/month to use an RVU client.

For new customers, I heard for the primary DVR, they're bundling WHDVR, DVR and HD all into one charge of $20/month, as opposed to $21/month, a la carte. Then $6/month for any additional WHDVR or RVU box.
/steve

#31 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

On your bill, is HD and the DVR fee broken out as separate line items or are you paying the Advanced Receiver Fee of $20? If the latter, you are already paying for Whole Home. You just need to have DirecTV reauthorize it so it is working properly.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#32 OFFLINE   Rickt1962

Rickt1962

Legend

• Registered
  • 296 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

You still have to pay $6/month to use an RVU client.

For new customers, I heard for the primary DVR, they're bundling WHDVR, DVR and HD all into one charge of $20/month, as opposed to $21/month, a la carte. Then $6/month for any additional WHDVR or RVU box.

Then what is he talking about the $ 3.00 dollar savings ?

#33 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,538 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

Then what is he talking about the $ 3.00 dollar savings ?

No MRV fee, to be able to delete the non-HR34 recordings from the C31. If he's an older customer, he's paying a la carte, like I am.
/steve

#34 OFFLINE   steelerfanmike

steelerfanmike

Legend

• Registered
  • 218 posts
  • LocationNj/pa border

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

my bill is seperated. hd fee and a dvr fee. NO whole home service (they canceled that once I got the clients. The 3 dollar fee is to SHARE more than one DVR hard drive. I only have one now. The HR34 and the three clients
HR34-700 with a AM 21 OTA Tuner Hooked to a Sony HD3D 60" TV ( KDL-60EX720)
With 3 C31 Clients an using a Cisco E4200 V2 wireless router for APPS and Youtube
Hooked to a OTA Channel Master Roof mount 100 mile range antenna with a rotor.
To watch (Philly @ WilkesBarre PA. Locals)
Directv locals are NYC

#35 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,538 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

I only have one now. The HR34 and the three clients

So you have no delete issues, and you can manage your To Do List and Series Manager from four different locations. Nice! :up:

If you care to share, curious how many TV viewers you have in the household, and if 5 tuners is enough for the four displays and individual recording needs?
/steve

#36 OFFLINE   ElectricPickle

ElectricPickle

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

I spoke with a CSR today for about 45 minutes and they were unable to resolve the C31 unable to delete problem. I went from 3 DVR's on 2 TV's (HR-20's and HR-21's) to the HR-34 and one C31 client. The CSR and her supervisor were unable to add either the advanced DVR package or a separate whole-home add-on. They said they would keep trying and would (ahem) call me back. I asked if they could send me to a tech support person familiar with the Genie system and they said "no". So what do I do now? Wait for DirecTV to fix it with an update or call every day hoping I get someone that knows what to do?

#37 OFFLINE   otaliema

otaliema

AllStar

• Registered
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMid-west USA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

The perm fix is going to be software. To fix the issue you would need another HR2x or H2x on the account to allow MRV service to be added so you can turn sharing on on the HR34 to fix it right now. problem is I'm not sure what will happen to the shareing setting if the agent on the phone temp activates a unit and the service, allows you make the change on the unit and than deactives the unit thus causing the MRV to be removed.
Note anyone that created thier account after 2/9/12 (launch date of HR34) gets the $20 advanced service fee for the first HDDVR activted on the account. All account active prior that date get the a la cart services.

I am a former DIRECTV employee however all statements opinions, views, expressions, etc, are entirely my own even if logic says otherwise.

They DO NOT reflect on DIRECTV and or any partner, affiliated company's, polices, processes, opinions, or things that are not listed here.

Set up. HR24-200, HR24-200, HR22-200, H23-600. Whole Home, BBCCK, SL3 SWiM.

I have found that working with computers is like working with a toddler, sometimes there is no reason for the melt down, just keep on moving forward.

#38 OFFLINE   ElectricPickle

ElectricPickle

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Note anyone that created their account after 2/9/12 (launch date of HR34) gets the $20 advanced service fee for the first HDDVR activated on the account. All account active prior that date get the a la cart services.

And there lies the problem. The CSR's seem to be unable to remove the Ala-Cart DVR services and add the $20 ASF. They also tried adding back my HR21 & Whole Home, refreshing, then removing just the DVR. No luck.

I own the HR21 but adding it back onto the account (at $6 per month) just to get Whole Home to work really defeats the reasoning I used to spend a lot of money and a 2-year commitment on the HR34.

I've been with DirecTV for a long time, used to participate in CE. The fact that this has gone so long without a fix is disappointing.
Go Gators!

#39 OFFLINE   swaits

swaits

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

So incredibly frustrating.

For now I'm using my iPad to hit my Slingbox on my HR34 whenver I want to actually delete something. What a PITA!

Honestly, I can't imagine the software fix for this is difficult. Either fix it in the HR34 OS, or fix DTV's software to actually allow CSRs to setup our accounts properly. This is not rocket science. What's the holdup?

#40 OFFLINE   swaits

swaits

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Still broken. What a joke.

spam firewall