Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Remote 20.0/21.0

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bvca

bvca

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

I've owned a 722k for 3 years. Both remotes are going bad (20.0/21.0). I've ordered two new remotes. Can i clone the new 20.0/21.0 remotes from the old 20.0/21.0 for tv/audio/dvd... or do I have to add in tv, audio, dvd separately from old audio, tv and dvd remotes?
ty

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   doowop

doowop

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

I don't know of any way to clone them, look up their codes and enter,then # for each device.OR SEARCH...
Wanted to post NEW post, but ended up here, Mod, Please move as necessary,Thank You
I wanted RF remotes for both my TV sets, TV1 and TV2.
However , I got better than that, VIP722K
I NOW have two remotes for TV1, BOTH RF, and TV2 has RF !
One of the RF's for TV1 has a out of place green # ! on the bottom.
So ALL 3 of my remotes are RF only.and the IR remote NO longer works.
This should answer a multitude of questions.
To change to a NEW remote, press SAT on remote.
Press System Info on front panel,
Press RECORD on remote.
Watch screen change to the remote in your hand ! DONE.
Happy Viewing. :balloons::flag:

#3 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 307 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

I've owned a 722k for 3 years. Both remotes are going bad (20.0/21.0). I've ordered two new remotes. Can i clone the new 20.0/21.0 remotes from the old 20.0/21.0 for tv/audio/dvd... or do I have to add in tv, audio, dvd separately from old audio, tv and dvd remotes?
ty

Use the system wizard button and you can save your remotes to the receiver and then again when you get the new remotes send the data to the new ones.

#4 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

I think it works the other way, receiver settings are saved to your remote when the receiver must be replaced.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...