Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

recordings transfer problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   homeron

homeron

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

When I go to: recordings transfer: select hopper set top box: and 1 of my external drives it only shows the first 11 Lines of programs to select from I have a total of 17 lines. once again I feel like I am a beta user. yes I have shut down the hopper and shut down the external drives. if anyone knows how to fix this please help thank you

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,720 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

move first 11, then return to the list and continue next 6

#3 OFFLINE   homeron

homeron

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

move first 11, then return to the list and continue next 6

the trouble is I don't want to move 11 of them I want to move only the movies that I want in my external drive and keep the others.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,720 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

try to use different sort criteria: by date

#5 OFFLINE   homeron

homeron

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

try to use different sort criteria: by date

I did try that still stays on the top 11 lines I am able to catch a few movies though that I can send to the external drive that but there are still a bunch at the bottom of the list that are hidden

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,720 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

well, then here is real dumb way to manage it: move first 6 to EHD, then your bottom 6, after that return back first six

#7 OFFLINE   homeron

homeron

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

well, then here is real dumb way to manage it: move first 6 to EHD, then your bottom 6, after that return back first six

I've got a real good idea how about dish fix this problem on 1 of their updates because that's the answer I get from the Indian people I talk to on the telephone at dish. just like the problems with the sling almost never working on disholine without resetting the hopper. that will be fixed in a future update. Bluetooth headsets that will be fixed in a future update. the hoppers picture being stuck on a small square in the top left corner of the screen the at will be fixed in the future update. channel photos on the external drive that will be fixed in a future update.

#8 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,720 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

there is only one way to do what you want - try variants; dish will give not a dam for your problems

#9 OFFLINE   homeron

homeron

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

there is only one way to do what you want - try variants; dish will give not a dam for your problems

Thank you for your ideas

#10 OFFLINE   scottm

scottm

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

I have the same problem and am hoping there is a better solution than the one proposed.

Like the OP, I am also wanting to transfer movies - not PTAT shows - but I wonder if having PTAT enabled is related to this problem? (Followup question: Would disabling PTAT wipe all the shows and settings for Saved Series, etc?)

Thanks,

Scott

spam firewall