Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What are you guys/gals doing to watch Walking Dead?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nightmare

Nightmare

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

I have the Roku that DISH gave me, but I haven't purchased the series yet.

I've been watching all the Breaking Bad on Netflix the last couple weeks.

So, what is everyone doing to watch the Walking Dead? I got my mother and brother on DISH, so I can't go to their houses :sure:
VIP722
Samsung HL-P5685W "Captain Kirk" DLP (only 720p)

Nightmare

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,839 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

what would be total cost to buy all chapters via amazon using the roky box ?

#3 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

What are you guys/gals doing to watch Walking Dead?

I'm not. I don't get the fascination with garbage.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#4 OFFLINE   Nightmare

Nightmare

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Looks like it is about $2.99 per episode (or 5% off if you get the whole season).

They are showing the first Episode on AMC.com
VIP722
Samsung HL-P5685W "Captain Kirk" DLP (only 720p)

Nightmare

#5 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

I am not allowed to tell you how I am watching it because of the The DBStalk TOS.....

#6 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Agree 100%:)

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,721 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

I am not allowed to tell you how I am watching it because of the The DBStalk TOS.....

Let's keep it that way ... there are plenty of ways to watch the show that cannot be discussed here.

#8 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

I don't get the fascination either---but I wouldn't call it garbage just because I'm not a fan

#9 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Same lol.

#10 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

I watched it at the AMC site on-line for free (minus bandwidth usage). Quality of video was marginal.

#11 OFFLINE   clotter

clotter

AllStar

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Big fan here, but I have little choice but to wait until it comes out on Netflix.

I guess one man's garbage is another man's treasure. I don't tend to litter in threads I feel are garbage though. :rolleyes:

#12 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,584 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

I like the show... but I've also read the comics. So, while I know there have been some big differences, I also know the gist of the story.

I bought season 2 on Blu-ray and have that to keep me busy + all the other new stuff + other Blu-rays and DVDs already in my house.

I would like to buy season 3 on Blu-ray when it comes out next year anyway... so I'm actually ok with being unable to watch just this one show by not having AMC.

I'd prefer to have it and watch the shows new... but it isn't the end of the world, and I'll enjoy those Blu-rays all the more for it being the first time I see the episodes when the time comes.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#13 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,198 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

Side note: I don't go into threads of shows that may be favorites of other that I don't particularly like and call them "garbage". Going out of one's way to sling an insult speaks to character.

On topic: As others have stated, there are other ways to get the show. I'm not a fan of it myself, but my daughter is and she wanted to know if I would or could use said methodology to get new episodes.

#14 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

Producing and airing trash says a lot about the production companies and networks. I applaud Dish for not running this stuff for whatever reason.

This is the kind of thing (along with the Saw movies) that should be XXX rated and tightly regulated to keep it from small children. There is just no reason at all for this to be on any form of mainstream television.

I worry about a society that all but bans depictions of people enjoying each other but revels in depictions of terror, abuse and mutilation.

Edited by SayWhat?, 17 October 2012 - 05:54 AM.

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#15 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

Ones person's gold is another person's trash. We have established that. Now please back on topic.

#16 OFFLINE   mike1977

mike1977

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

I bought a season pass from Amazon.

#17 OFFLINE   John79605

John79605

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

I plan to pay $11 to Amazon Instant as soon as the season is over. That's what I did to watch Breaking Bad.

#18 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Nothing, I stopped watching anything on AMC years ago when they stopped being AMC and none of their original content holds any particular interest for me. It's only television and no television program is going to control my life to the point that I MUST see it.

#19 OFFLINE   ehilbert1

ehilbert1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

Producing and airing trash says a lot about the production companies and networks. I applaud Dish for not running this stuff for whatever reason.

This is the kind of thing (along with the Saw movies) that should be XXX rated and tightly regulated to keep it from small children. There is just no reason at all for this to be on any form of mainstream television.

I worry about a society that all but bans depictions of people enjoying each other but revels in depictions of terror, abuse and mutilation.

That's were parenting comes in. We have a young daughter and we make sure she doesn't see it. It all comes down to turning the channel if you don't like it. No need to regulate when again you can turn the channel. It's obvious you do that and that's your choice. Why come into a thread an bag on people that do like that show and AMC? I know exactly why you do it and I think others do too.

Don't worry about society man. Live your life the way you see fit and enjoy what you enjoy. Let others live their lives and enjoy what they enjoy!

By the way Amazon is a great way to get the show. I use an Xbox 360!

#20 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,198 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

...and when "Mad Men" premiers? Will you applaud Dish for not showing THAT "trash"?

Dish isn't carrying a *channel* - not making some phony-moral stand against a particular show.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...