Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need desperate help installing new Directv Receiver

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   SOLost

SOLost

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Power Insterter has been installed and final set up has been completed successfully!!:D

Thanks to all for your helpful information!:allthumbs

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   iceman2a

iceman2a

Icon

• Registered
  • 541 posts
  • LocationBOSTON, MA.

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

DON'T EVER QUESTION ME AGIAN!;) :D

Glad you got working!
HR21-200
HR20/700
2 H21-200

#43 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Ok so it is not the legacy LNB, it has only one open port and the other three are blocked. I have fixed the the elevation and tilt, the azimuth is kinda tricky (any tips?), and i haven't been able to get any signal whatsoever. So, will the PI fix this? Should I still receive some signal without it? Can I buy a PI at Frys or loxal best buy?

Wait a minute here, what do you mean that it only has one open port and the others are blocked? Do you mean it actually has 4 ports, but three of them have terminators like this screwed onto them?

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B000AAN76Y

If so then you should not be using a power inserter. I wouldn't have thought your setup would work like you have it though if that is the case. Hopefully I am just misunderstanding your post here and there is really only one coax port.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#44 OFFLINE   peano

peano

Icon

• Registered
  • 747 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

I found one on Ebay with a close up of the tag on it.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c280fc37e

That's exactly the same one!

He means its like the picture that he posted.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...