Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

what the heck is dtv thinking? .......again.....

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,907 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

...thats me!!

you are da MAN :nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Man its doesnt take any longer to activate a C31 than it does a regular receiver.....and the system autopops the model numbers for all receiver except legacy...wonder who you are talking to at DTV...the only input for a c31 is serial number and mac address takes all of 1 minute...are you calling ISS or DTV customer service?
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#23 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Man its doesnt take any longer to activate a C31 than it does a regular receiver.....and the system autopops the model numbers for all receiver except legacy...wonder who you are talking to at DTV...the only input for a c31 is serial number and mac address takes all of 1 minute...are you calling ISS or DTV customer service?

i never said anything about hold time once they answered, but it takes 30 minutes to answer sometimes.

Yes its directv installer line
Dish -- 722k, 722, 612, 512, 510

Directv -- HR34, HR24, 2 H25's, 2 H24's

#24 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

i never said anything about hold time once they answered, but it takes 30 minutes to answer sometimes.

Yes its directv installer line

Perhaps you should check the most recent updates that have been sent out to techs.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#25 OFFLINE   dielray

dielray

Legend

• Registered
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

Jodean, I got a message on FIST today saying activation systems have improved with support for C31s, but to use the handheld to activate.

I'm curious if IVR works for you now.
DirecTV Technician
My thoughts and opinions are my own, and do not necessarily represent those of DirecTV, my HSP, or anyone else.

#26 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

A seasoned installer with DTV averages between 60-80k (W2 tech) so you are making 180-240k a year?

around here its more like 50k, but after taxes and what not its about 35k, benefits of your own company is paying no taxes.

#27 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

finally automated system will activate a genie client order. It does kinda suck as you have to tell it individually to activate each device.

then there is no real way of knowing if all the clients are actually activated, if not we wont get paid for installing them. So far ive been hit by direct sat saying we didnt activate clients on same day even though it was done all on one phone call. Thats really awesome, tech does everything right, then gets dinked.....

I guess i was wrong on tech w2 pay, around 70k if your not a new guy.

#28 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

You seem to have the worst luck of any tech I know. I'm very sorry to hear of your travails.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...