Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Coming back to DTV

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jimd909

jimd909

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

I'm coming back to DTV from Dish. My install is scheduled for this Sunday. I'm curious about my setup. I've ordered the following:

1 - Genie
1 - Genie Client (C31?)
1 - HD DVR (HR24?)

Will I have problems adding the HD DVR to the Genie? Everyone I talked to at DTV kept asking me why I wanted another DVR. I told them I wanted two more tuners.

I'm curious if I should just get 2 clients and just forego the 2nd DVR.

Also, how fast will it be controlling recordings from either the C31 or DVR when watching shows? In the past, it was very slow when controlling shows from an H24.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,570 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

You should have no trouble. The first thing you need to do is to change your avatar, however. Otherwise you are basically wearing a Red Sox jersey to Yankee Stadium. :)
It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...