Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Replacing old hardware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   robdec

robdec

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hey guys just want to run something buy you all and see what you think.

I want to replace 75% of my hardware because of numerous issues. I have been with Directv of over 13 years and in excellent standings. I am also out of any 2 year commitments. Here is my hardware:

R10 - Bedroom 1 - 1 tuner has been dead for over 2 years now
R10 - Bedroom 2 - fan can get very noisy till you smack it
HR22-100 - Den - Works fine no issues
HR21-100 - Living room - consistently slow doing anything on it ( this one is used the most)

What are the chances of getting them to replace the two R10'a and the HR21 at a minimal cost? I don't really need dvr's in the bedroom so I was thinking of an HR34 and two C31's. Should I go through retention or just the regular customer service? I dont want to spend $300 to replace old equipment.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Rob

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,148 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

Call and ask. The answer is very customer dependent so what they tell me and what they tell you could be two very different things.

It is getting harder to get to retention without actually asking to cancel service. Try working with a regular CSR first. If they are not able to satisfy you, then consider cancelling (seriously) and see what happens.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...