Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR-34 and whole home dvr ?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kcn823

kcn823

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

I have an install set for Friday for a hr-34 and 2 clients and want to make sure of one thing with my situation.

I'll be adding the 34 to my set up that has a hr-20 and hr-21 already. But I'm planning on disconnecting the those receivers from my tv's and just holding onto them to finish watching programs already recorded on them. I'm assuming I can do this with the whole home dvr set up? And my main question is will I have access to the recorded shows on my older receivers using the client boxes or only on the hr-34? That will be a must or I'll really be pissing off the wife.

Thanks for any info.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

The C31 should see the HR2x PlayList thru the HR34.

Note, only one HR2x can be connected because of the 8-Tuner limit of SWiM. You can try connecting both HR2x, but a tuner somewhere in your WholeHome is going to have an issue.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#3 OFFLINE   kcn823

kcn823

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

Thank you, I don't even plan on connecting a signal to my older dvr's. Just keeping them so we can finish watching what's on them. All new recordings will be on the hr-43.

#4 OFFLINE   harperhometheater

harperhometheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

The C31 should see the HR2x PlayList thru the HR34.......

I'm glad you said "should" because my HR24 doesn't! Any word on when this'll be fixed? Momma's about to choke me for taking away her H25's :eek:
HarperVision, LLC
ISF Calibrations, Installations,
Repairs & Consultations

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,504 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

The C31 should see the HR2x PlayList thru the HR34.

Note, only one HR2x can be connected because of the 8-Tuner limit of SWiM. You can try connecting both HR2x, but a tuner somewhere in your WholeHome is going to have an issue.

But would DirecTV do it this way? I'd think the order would be written based on what he has, plus the additions, if they aren't going to remove anything from the account.

#6 OFFLINE   kcn823

kcn823

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

So will the c31 client boxes see and play the recordings on my hr20 and hr21 or just the playlist of the hr-34?

#7 OFFLINE   harperhometheater

harperhometheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

It is supposed to see those recordings on your other DVRs through the HR34's connection to the C31, but like I said mine and apparently other people's C31's aren't for some reason.:confused:
HarperVision, LLC
Repairs & Consultations

#8 OFFLINE   406MT

406MT

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Once you disconnect the HR-21 you will want to return it within 21 days of disconnecting it or there would be a NRF because it is a recoverable model of receiver. The HR-20 won't need to be recovered though...

#9 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

It is supposed to see those recordings on your other DVRs through the HR34's connection to the C31, but like I said mine and apparently other people's C31's aren't for some reason.:confused:

This capability will be provided in a future software update (hopefully soon).

#10 OFFLINE   harperhometheater

harperhometheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

This capability will be provided in a future software update (hopefully soon).

Yeah that's what I keep hearing, but that doesn't help watching the series recordings on the HR24 right now. YOU try to tell my wife she can't catch up on and watch her Grey's Anatomy and McDreamy while she's laying in bed tonight :eek2: :lol:
HarperVision, LLC
Repairs & Consultations

#11 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

Yeah that's what I keep hearing, but that doesn't help watching the series recordings on the HR24 right now. YOU try to tell my wife she can't catch up on and watch her Grey's Anatomy and McDreamy while she's laying in bed tonight :eek2: :lol:

Move the 24 to the bedroom.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#12 OFFLINE   harperhometheater

harperhometheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

Move the 24 to the bedroom.

Then it would have to be taken from the living room, and that's even worse!
HarperVision, LLC
Repairs & Consultations

#13 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

Thank you, I don't even plan on connecting a signal to my older dvr's. Just keeping them so we can finish watching what's on them. All new recordings will be on the hr-43.

been my expierence is the boxes are leased and you have a install the installer takes them with them when they complete the upgrade

#14 OFFLINE   kcn823

kcn823

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

i'm not deactivating my old dvrs, i'm just not planning on recording on them anymore or even connecting a signal to them. Just holding onto them to watch what's on them using the whole home dvr so we don't lose programs we haven't watched yet. All new recordings will be on the dr-34. I'm just hoping I'll be able to watch what's on them using the c31's.

#15 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Then it would have to be taken from the living room, and that's even worse!

Perhaps I'm not understanding your layout then. If you're adding a HR34 I figured that would go in the most watched room and then you could move that HR24 into the bedroom to finish watching the shows.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#16 OFFLINE   harperhometheater

harperhometheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Nope, the 34 is in the theater/family room, the HR24 is in the living room, one 31 is used for my slingbox and the other is in the bedroom. I would like to dedicate the HR24 to the slingbox for my sports and "manly" recordings and then use the HR34 and clients for the rest of the house with integrated playlist, series, etc., but can't yet due to HR24 playlist not being shared on 31s thru the 34.
HarperVision, LLC
Repairs & Consultations

#17 OFFLINE   narcolept

narcolept

Godfather

• Registered
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

But would DirecTV do it this way? I'd think the order would be written based on what he has, plus the additions, if they aren't going to remove anything from the account.

Right. It should be set up with a SWM16 because the OP would be at 9 tuners?

#18 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,504 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Right. It should be set up with a SWM16 because the OP would be at 9 tuners?

Right, if the two clients are C31s.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...