Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What's this "special offer"?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Podkayne

Podkayne

Legend

• Registered
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Have you tried a D12?

While much of DIRECTV's HD equipment is somewhat lethargic, the D12 is not similarly afflicted.

The Internet reviews of the DRD 48x series tell a decidedly different story about working well and being well liked.

Indeed? That DRD 480 RE is a superb RV receiver; and when not in the RV is our bedroom receiver. Portable, simple, fast to boot, behaves much more like a traditional cable box, which was probably the original intent. Alas, I hear they are not compatible with the genie/client SWM dish, so I may soon say goodbye to an old faithful friend.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,533 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

That is the case. For an SD box, needs to be a D12.

#23 OFFLINE   laramr

laramr

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

I've got an RCA DRD 480RE on my bedroom TV...this receiver comes along in my RV along with an ancient single LNB Sony brand dish that I mount to a tripod and aim with a nice Winegard signal meter. Satellite TV while camping is a nice luxury.

I sure do hope they don't abandon support of this most excellent legacy receiver. It is lightning fast, changes channels instantly, and is very easy to setup/boot from cold power down.

Some might say that camping with satellite TV ain't camping! :lol:

#24 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

The Internet reviews of the DRD 48x series tell a decidedly different story about working well and being well liked.

Well i guess those ppl do not realise how good those recievers actually are! (I love my 420re)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...