Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

A HR-34 / C-31 problem even DirecTV couldn't fix

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 907 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

There have been new customers getting setup and whole home has not been authorized so im not sure it has anything to do with "before the price change". Example- New customer installed 10-25-12 1 HR34 and 3 C31 clients get it activated and clients cannot delete go to menu and whole home is not authorized it said to call cst service. Call and they tell me its not needed for this setup and cannot be added.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   swaits

swaits

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

FYI, original thread here: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=209594

I thought, as you'll see by that they had solved my problem. However, I recently discovered a bogus DVR (which I didn't have) listed on my account. I called and had that removed, and boom - WHDVR gone again.

So, they "fixed" it for me before by adding a DVR to my account.

Spent another hour on the phone today and they "assured" me that it's being worked on and will just magically start working one day.

I'm pretty doubtful of this happening without requiring some action on my part.

#43 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,121 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

FYI, original thread here: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=209594

I thought, as you'll see by that they had solved my problem. However, I recently discovered a bogus DVR (which I didn't have) listed on my account. I called and had that removed, and boom - WHDVR gone again.

So, they "fixed" it for me before by adding a DVR to my account.

Spent another hour on the phone today and they "assured" me that it's being worked on and will just magically start working one day.

I'm pretty doubtful of this happening without requiring some action on my part.

It will happen, and honestly I doubt there is anything you personally could do to make it happen any faster. This isn't something they are going to let sit.

#44 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 87 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

I have an open case with D*TV about this and my case manager from D*TV has been calling me about twice a week on a status update and telling me they are still working on this issue. They have told me like Swaits has said that if there was another receiver on the account this wouldn't be an issue. Anyways if I get any update from my case manager I will pass it along... but sounds like they are actively working on the problem.

Side note - has anyone else had random issues with there C31 Client... Some days when I turn the TV on the screen is locked, like it is paused. Once I turn the channel it is then fine. Other times I have had it where the guide or settings menu would not show up. It just goes to a black screen with the mini tv view in the corner like it is loading but never shows up - I've had to reset in order to correct. Good thing it only takes a couple minutes to reboot. Had a few other weird issues but I'm sure they are working on getting these kinks out.

#45 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

So is it possible to add a C31 without adding the Whole Home fee? Will it work at all without Whole Home being activiated on the account? I don't care if I can't delete recordings. I just want to know if it will work at all at this time.

#46 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,767 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

So is it possible to add a C31 without adding the Whole Home fee? Will it work at all without Whole Home being activiated on the account? I don't care if I can't delete recordings. I just want to know if it will work at all at this time.

Yes it works for the $6/month fee. It's the remote delete that needs either MRV or the newer [packaged] ARS fee.
A.K.A VOS

#47 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Yes it works for the $6/month fee. It's the remote delete that needs either MRV or the newer [packaged] ARS fee.

Sweet! Thanks VOS! Time to go shopping.

#48 OFFLINE   swaits

swaits

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

Any updates on this?

#49 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 87 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Any updates on this?

I heard from my case manager the other night... he said they are still working on this and that he will call me weekly until it is fixed. He said that if he hears of a fix before he would call me right away.

He also suggested that the fix could be a software update that would just enable deleting from the C31 and NOT needed the whole home service for this feature. So we'll see what happens I guess.

#50 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,767 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

I heard from my case manager the other night... he said they are still working on this and that he will call me weekly until it is fixed. He said that if he hears of a fix before he would call me right away.

He also suggested that the fix could be a software update that would just enable deleting from the C31 and NOT needed the whole home service for this feature. So we'll see what happens I guess.

It "could be", but this would also reduce their monthly charges too, so I'd bet it would be a last resort.

Tweaking their system, to allow the C31 to meet the minimum requirement for MRV, seems like a much more likely outcome.
A.K.A VOS

#51 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

We are visiting our daughter and son in law in Ohio. They just had an HR34 and five C-31 clients installed Friday October 26. I just checked and Whole home is activated and working. Can delete from C31 clients.
Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

#52 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,859 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

So many clients ... Why ? You can use more then 3 ?

#53 OFFLINE   haddock

haddock

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

We have a similar situation...

Can't use more than 3 at a time, and I'm fine with that since we almost never use more than 2 at a time anyway. But we have more than 3 TVs. I want to be able to choose which of the TVs I watch, so need them all to be capable of accessing the H34.

#54 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

So many clients ... Why ? You can use more then 3 ?

They have six TVs in different rooms in the house and want to be able to watch on any of them when they choose. Not all of them at the same time. They really have no idea how to properly use a DVR and the HR34 will be fine for them without any additional tuners or DVRs. In almost a week they only have one Series Link and one recorded program. We had to go to our trailer to watch all of the shows we have been missing staying at their home.
Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

#55 OFFLINE   bsherrill

bsherrill

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

The installer is wrong, copy from server works fine. However, he obviously went through the right install procedure if deletion works. New customers get the ARS fee added which includes whole home service.

How can I get my C31 installed properly so it will delete?

#56 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

How can I get my C31 installed properly so it will delete?

:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

If you cannot delete from your C31, you most likely do not have Whole Home turned on for your account. Check your account on-line and see if it is active. On your bill, you should either have a $3 charge for Whole Home or you might have a $20 charge for an Advanced Receiver Fee, which includes Whole Home in it.

If you don't have either of those fees or the website does not show that Whole Home is activated, you will need to call DirecTV and have a CSR get that taken care of for you. If you do have Whole Home active, you can try performing an Authorization Refresh of your receivers.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#57 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 87 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Anyone have any updates as to when we'll be able to activate whole home service for us that have HR-34 & C-31's?

#58 OFFLINE   swaits

swaits

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Anyone have any updates as to when we'll be able to activate whole home service for us that have HR-34 & C-31's?

I emailed the DTV person mentioned in another of these threads directly. Two days later a guy calls me and adds WH to my account like it's nothing. Everything works now. Go figure.

#59 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 806 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yeah, you should be able to do it now, for any account.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#60 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 87 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Good to know. Last update I had from the tech was that when it is fixed I would be able to manually add the whole home service via directv's website under my account settings but it still says "not eligible", I suppose I'll have to call and have them add it for me.

Thanks for the update!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...