Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DISH 722k

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   HDlover

HDlover

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

I upgraded to a 722K almost 2 years ago and it has been chugging away flawlessly since. Other than some buggy SW updates from time to time. To keep the heat situation down I use this,

http://www.ebay.com/...=item53e2097c02

They are nice and quiet and keep my temps LOW! Even during this summers heat wave my unit never went above 114 degrees and averaged 96.

Wow is that overpriced. One of these does just fine- http://www.ebay.com/...=item4609b77509 It runs off the 722 usb port and it doesn't even need to be set on high.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Wow is that overpriced. One of these does just fine- http://www.ebay.com/...=item4609b77509 It runs off the 722 usb port and it doesn't even need to be set on high.

Would this attach to the long left side vent, or the smaller vent on the right side on a 722k?

BTW-since I wasn't getting the results I wanted, I just aimed a small regular house fan at my 722k last night. This morning the 'Low' and 'Average' both dropped 2 degrees

Edited by CeeWoo, 14 November 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   HDlover

HDlover

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

It has it's own stand so it doesn't attach. I just have mine up against the left side drawing air out. Works like a charm. I don't care what the temperature says, the top of my 722k is cool with it and hot without it. Obviously a big difference. You can get it from Amazon and other places I'm sure. Got mine from "Fry's" for $10 when it was on sale.

#24 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

It has it's own stand so it doesn't attach. I just have mine up against the left side drawing air out. Works like a charm. I don't care what the temperature says, the top of my 722k is cool with it and hot without it. Obviously a big difference.

Understood-as soon as I posted that I realized it was a bad choice of words. I was sort of wondering if that was how you sent it up since the left side is basically slotted from front to back

thanks

#25 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

My HI TEMP counter moved today-so it appears at least on my receiver, it took 9 days for the counter to reset. Hi hasn't changed much, but I expect it'll continue to drop for at least a few days I don't expect the low to change much, but as the Hi drops, I hope the Average continues to dip

My low has dropped from 112 to 89....my average from 132 to 124 (just checked again a couple hrs later ave has dropped another degree to 123)

I now seem to be in an acceptable range-but I still think I'll move the rec to what I believe is a better location (further from a heat vent) and go ahead and get one of the fans from above posts

Edited by CeeWoo, 16 November 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#26 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Ave dropped down a couple weeks ago to 120. A few days ago, I installed an OTA module--damn that thing must do something to make my rec run hot! My average is back up to 130, and low has gone up to 101.

Ordered a fan today.

#27 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

I must have the worst luck of any DISH Network customer. I finally called a week ago because we still have been having to power cycle very morning with the 722k. To their credit, a replacement 722k arrive quickly, I finally installed it this afternoon and after scanning local over the air channels for the module, it would not get any satellite channels. So, the replacement is going back and I am back to the old one. Is there any way to get DISH to test these before they send them out? I feel like I am playing roulette when I order a replacement 722k!

#28 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,845 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

unfortunately, only one way to get working 722k is play the roulette
or better get a tech visit and hold him while 722k will works OK (he should have a couple 722k in his track)

#29 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

I finally had a DISH Technician come out to my house. He replaced the Dish Pro Plus Twin with two Dish Pro singles. He also checked 44 switch and power inserter, but they were all good. He also replaced a low frequency wall plate barrel and kinked section of coaxial cable. My Check Switch was good. I will find out tomorrow morning if it is frozen up and I have to re-boot, or if that takes care of the problem. I am confident that this was causing the issue, so I will report back tomorrow.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...