Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Broadband DECA and whole home installation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bobcpa

bobcpa

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

I am not very technical when it comes to this stuff, so please excuse my ignorance.

I have had the HR20 since they came out. I decided that I wanted the whole home experience. After the technicians came out last week, I have the following configuration: living room has the original HR20, one bedroom has an H25 and one bedroom has an HR24. Everything is working fine; however, I am not able to use the on demand nor any of the Internet options through Direct TV. My Internet is through Time Warner. The technicians did not attempt the Internet connection because my modem is a Netgear model. According to the technician, there are compatibility issues between Direct and the Netgear hardware.

Time Warner is coming this afternoon to swap my modem with a modem from another manufacturer. I called Direct and I received the following:

A DECA with the description DCA2SR0-18 AND a DECA with the description DECA2SRO-01.

Can anyone tell me why I received both of these DECAs? I thought that I only needed to install one broadband DECA. Does anyone know which of these two I use? Also, when the Time Warner tech comes today, do you think he will be able to install this or should I ask Direct to send one of their installers. I don't feel confident enough to attempt this myself, especially since I was sent two DECAs when I was only expecting one.

Any advice/ help is much appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,986 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Maybe you can post photos?

The first looks to be a DECA for your HR20.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   harperhometheater

harperhometheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Sounds like you need one to insert your router's ethernet signal into the SWiM system and the other would go to your HR20. The others don't need one because they have deca built in.
HarperVision, LLC
ISF Calibrations, Installations,
Repairs & Consultations

Protected By... spam firewall...And...