Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH Network and Voom Reach Settlement

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

ENGLEWOOD, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 10/21/12 -- DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH)

Terms call for DISH to pay $700 million in cash; DISH to receive certain wireless spectrum licenses
DISH enters multi-year agreement to carry AMC, IFC, WE tv, Sundance Channel and Fuse; AMC channel broadcast resumes Sunday, October 21
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today that its subsidiary, DISH Network L.L.C., has settled all of its pending litigation with Voom HD Holdings LLC.

Terms of the settlement call for DISH Network to pay $700 million in cash. As part of the agreement, DISH will receive 500 MHz of wireless multichannel video distribution and data service ("MVDDS") spectrum licenses that cover a population of 150 million in 45 DMAs including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Philadelphia.

As part of a separate, multi-year agreement, DISH will resume broadcast of the AMC channel Sunday, October 21. The AMC channel will be carried on DISH channel 131.

"We are glad to have settled the case and reestablished our long-term relationships with AMC Networks and Cablevision," said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming at DISH. "This multi-year deal delivers a fair value for both parties and includes digital expansion opportunities for AMC Networks' programming."

Other AMC Networks programming, including Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC, will return to DISH Nov. 1. The Madison Square Garden Company's music-oriented Fuse channel will begin broadcast Nov. 1, as well.

About DISH
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides approximately 14.061 million satellite TV customers, as of June 30, 2012, with the highest quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value, including HD Free for Life. Subscribers enjoy the largest high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corporation's subsidiary, Blockbuster L.L.C., delivers family entertainment to millions of customers around the world. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com

Source: DISH Network

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,543 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

Darned! Now I've got to decide if I think I need to spend the $15 a month to jump back up to AT200. Problems, problems.:confused:

Dish, you might be wise to offer a month free to sucker me in....:D

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#3 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,084 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

As part of the agreement, DISH will receive 500 MHz of wireless multichannel video distribution and data service ("MVDDS") spectrum licenses that cover a population of 150 million in 45 DMAs including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Philadelphia.

Charlie is going to have a ton of spectrum with this addition. Wonder what he'll do with it if the FCC doesn't give him what he wants?

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#4 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

DISH will resume broadcast of the AMC channel Sunday, October 21. The AMC channel will be carried on DISH channel 131.

AXS is still there for the moment which is a far, far, far better channel than AMC could ever hope to be. Wonder where it will go.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#5 OFFLINE   sregener

sregener

Godfather

• Registered
  • 613 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

Charlie is going to have a ton of spectrum with this addition. Wonder what he'll do with it if the FCC doesn't give him what he wants?

Well, the plan was to ax the Blockbuster streaming service because they couldn't get the spectrum. Now they have it. So maybe that is back on the table.

#6 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,227 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

AXS is still there for the moment which is a far, far, far better channel than AMC could ever hope to be. Wonder where it will go.

AXS is also on 362 (for the Blockbuster package). It should remain there.

#7 OFFLINE   donm

donm

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

So, is AMC back on Dish today Oct 21st or going to be back Nov 1st? Maybe AMC is back Oct 21st today and all the other channels back Nov 1st? Does anyone know if AMC will be back in HD?

#8 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

lets get this thing back on before the walking dead tonight.

#9 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Heres hoping, streaming on a subpar net connection via illegal sites is kinda lame xD

#10 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

Huh...this settlement leak is...I mean was as much of a mistake as the Google report being prematurely released...by mistake....Google tanked 9%.
Looks like a AMC Dish deal....now if I can get the 9% back. :lol:
Thank you and
Best of luck

#11 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,227 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

So, is AMC back on Dish today Oct 21st or going to be back Nov 1st? Maybe AMC is back Oct 21st today and all the other channels back Nov 1st? Does anyone know if AMC will be back in HD?

As posted above:
"DISH will resume broadcast of the AMC channel Sunday, October 21. The AMC channel will be carried on DISH channel 131."

"Other AMC Networks programming, including Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC, will return to DISH Nov. 1. The Madison Square Garden Company's music-oriented Fuse channel will begin broadcast Nov. 1, as well."

AMC today, the rest on November 1st.

The first episode of this season's TWD will air at 8pm ET right before the second episode. So there is probably a scramble at the uplink center to get the feed up, nice and public.

#12 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

ENGLEWOOD, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 10/21/12 -- DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH)

Terms call for DISH to pay $700 million in cash; DISH to receive certain wireless spectrum licenses
DISH enters multi-year agreement to carry AMC, IFC, WE tv, Sundance Channel and Fuse; AMC channel broadcast resumes Sunday, October 21
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today that its subsidiary, DISH Network L.L.C., has settled all of its pending litigation with Voom HD Holdings LLC.

Terms of the settlement call for DISH Network to pay $700 million in cash. As part of the agreement, DISH will receive 500 MHz of wireless multichannel video distribution and data service ("MVDDS") spectrum licenses that cover a population of 150 million in 45 DMAs including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Philadelphia.

As part of a separate, multi-year agreement, DISH will resume broadcast of the AMC channel Sunday, October 21. The AMC channel will be carried on DISH channel 131.

"We are glad to have settled the case and reestablished our long-term relationships with AMC Networks and Cablevision," said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming at DISH. "This multi-year deal delivers a fair value for both parties and includes digital expansion opportunities for AMC Networks' programming."

Other AMC Networks programming, including Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC, will return to DISH Nov. 1. The Madison Square Garden Company's music-oriented Fuse channel will begin broadcast Nov. 1, as well.

About DISH
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides approximately 14.061 million satellite TV customers, as of June 30, 2012, with the highest quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value, including HD Free for Life. Subscribers enjoy the largest high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corporation's subsidiary, Blockbuster L.L.C., delivers family entertainment to millions of customers around the world. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com

Source: DISH Network

I'm suprizes we got FUSE back!

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#13 OFFLINE   donm

donm

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

This is great news. I have been trying to decide if I should switch to Dish from Directv for the Pac 12 network but my favorite show is TWD. I will be ordering Dish as soon as I hear that AMC is in HD and I'm pretty sure it will be.

#14 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

This is great news. I have been trying to decide if I should switch to Dish from Directv for the Pac 12 network but my favorite show is TWD. I will be ordering Dish as soon as I hear that AMC is in HD and I'm pretty sure it will be.

Right now Channel 131 is in HD, so that is good news! They had AMC in HD before Directv did, so I'm pretty sure that's a done deal.

#15 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Right now Channel 131 is in HD, so that is good news! They had AMC in HD before Directv did, so I'm pretty sure that's a done deal.

But AXS is there.... :confused:
Update, sources say this day PM.

Edited by 356B, 21 October 2012 - 02:10 PM.
more info

Thank you and
Best of luck

#16 OFFLINE   dakeeney

dakeeney

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Any word on what time AMC will be back?

#17 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,227 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

I'm suprizes we got FUSE back!

That one has been off for a while. The only other related networks, unmentioned in this press release, is MSG and MSG+. Adding those would lead to a channel shuffle as DISH gave away their channel numbers to PAC12 and the "collapsible channel" feature.

No change in the uplink activity yet for AMC's return ... still watching the skies.

But AXS is there.... :confused:

AXS is on channel 362 in HD and SD. No lost content when DISH, as announced in their press release, puts AMC on channel 131.

#18 OFFLINE   dakeeney

dakeeney

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

That one has been off for a while. The only other related networks, unmentioned in this press release, is MSG and MSG+. Adding those would lead to a channel shuffle as DISH gave away their channel numbers to PAC12 and the "collapsible channel" feature.

No change in the uplink activity yet for AMC's return ... still watching the skies.

::hurah: Hopefully before TWD is on. I'll try to get E1 recorded also. Ya think they will rerun the new season of HOW?

#19 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

AXS is on channel 362 in HD and SD. No lost content when DISH, as announced in their press release, puts AMC on channel 131.

I'm hearing hookup will be this day PM. :rolleyes:
Thank you and
Best of luck

#20 OFFLINE   dakeeney

dakeeney

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

No uplink activity yet on AMC.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...