Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Two Hoppers One Joey Installation help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Pain

Pain

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hi

Right now I have one hopper and two joeys. I just bought a hopper on ebay and a duo node. What I am attempting to do is replace the one joey with the new hopper. My question is how do I run the two hoppers and joey from the node? I already ran a second cable from the dish to node sat in, and I have one hopper and two joeys working right now. I am only using one host to hopper and one client to two joeys through a splitter. The hopper will be here in a couple days.

My thoughts are; I will take one cable from the splitter and attache it to the second host, remove the splitter, run one joey to one of the two clients and run the host to the new hopper, use a 75 OHM Terminator on the open ends. Call Dish and have it activated?

This will save me $$$ on installation and I will own a hopper that I can sell later on instead of leasing one for $200.00

Thanks Pain

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,796 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Hard to say exactly how your wiring in the home is setup... but generally speaking...

A single node only drives one Hopper (as you know, since you picked up a duo node).

The duo node requires 3 inputs directly from the SATs OR from a switch (like a DPP-44 for example).

The duo node has 2 specific Hopper outputs. Each Hopper must be connected to one of those Hopper-specified outputs.

You can connect your Joeys to either of the two specific Joey ports... and of course the Joeys can be split, whereas the Hoppers cannot.

I hope that helps.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   Pain

Pain

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Thank you.

That pretty much sums it up. I was concerned that you have to have at lest two joeys? The one joey and two hoppers should not be a problem?

Thanks for your reply..

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,796 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

No problem... you're welcome.

You don't technically have to have any Joeys... When you lease through Dish they probably try and force certain configurations... but I'm not aware of any technical requirements for any minimum number of Joeys. There is a maximum (I forget what that is right now) but no minimum.

Also, welcome to DBSTalk! (I forgot to say that in my earlier post)

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#5 OFFLINE   Pain

Pain

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

Right on... After i get the hopper and set it up ill post back..

Thanks again!

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,988 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Check PDFs here www.dishuser.org/hopper.php

Protected By... spam firewall...And...