Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

PPC EX6XL vs. EX6XL Plus?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Soulweeper

Soulweeper

Icon

• Registered
  • 953 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

I just started doing installs (for Viasat), and I'm using the PPC EX6XL connectors, and I need to order some more, and I see the EX6XL Plus a lot, and I'm wondering what the main difference is. They appear to be the same length, so the compression tool I'm using( PPC VT200) wouldn't need adjusting, I'm assuming. Just curious what the difference is. Thanks.

DIRECTV since '97
HR44-500 (Leased)
HR24-200 (Owned)
HR24-200 (Owned/spare)

Samsung HLP5063

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,297 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

I know it's from other side, but anyway you could find something useful here http://www.google.co...vC2VNvw&cad=rja

#3 OFFLINE   Soulweeper

Soulweeper

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 953 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

I know it's from other side, but anyway you could find something useful here http://www.google.co...vC2VNvw&cad=rja

Interesting.......so the only difference is the design of the nut
used to torque the connection, and as far as Dish is concerned, because it isn't stamped to signify what it is, that puts it on the "unapproved" list? Strange. Wonder if that applies to WildBlue?

DIRECTV since '97
HR44-500 (Leased)
HR24-200 (Owned)
HR24-200 (Owned/spare)

Samsung HLP5063

#4 OFFLINE   cabletech

cabletech

Legend

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

volbeat go perfect-10.tv.com, setup an account and you can every thing you need that fills ALL the requirements of DTV, DISH, HUGHSNET, WILDBLUE, ORGA< and all the other systems to include to local cable company.

p smith shows you the differance between the EX6 and the SNAP-N-SEAL connecters.

If you use the EX6 you will meet any requirement.

#5 OFFLINE   Soulweeper

Soulweeper

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 953 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

volbeat go perfect-10.tv.com, setup an account and you can every thing you need that fills ALL the requirements of DTV, DISH, HUGHSNET, WILDBLUE, ORGA< and all the other systems to include to local cable company.

p smith shows you the difference between the EX6 and the SNAP-N-SEAL connecters.

If you use the EX6 you will meet any requirement.

Yeah, I got a couple things from perfect 10, but most of the stuff I get from RS&I, in Sacramento. The connectors and a few other things are cheaper elsewhere, so I shop around. I see a lout of the EX6XL PLUS connectors around, that's why I asked about those specifically. Seems they are easier to find than the EX6XL.

DIRECTV since '97
HR44-500 (Leased)
HR24-200 (Owned)
HR24-200 (Owned/spare)

Samsung HLP5063

spam firewall