Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

AM21 not compatible with HR34, according to DTV

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   cpalmer2k

cpalmer2k

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

A follow up question to this... I'm about to be a new account owner, and have chosen the HR34 for our living room and Genie C31 clients for the bedroom and office to run off it. I was planning on adding an AM21. Assuming the AM21 identifies the additional locals in its scan will I be able to watch the channels coming in on the AM21 via the Genie clients, or only on the HR34 itself?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   dettxw

dettxw

MRVing

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,025 posts
  • LocationChoctaw, OK

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

A follow up question to this... I'm about to be a new account owner, and have chosen the HR34 for our living room and Genie C31 clients for the bedroom and office to run off it. I was planning on adding an AM21. Assuming the AM21 identifies the additional locals in its scan will I be able to watch the channels coming in on the AM21 via the Genie clients, or only on the HR34 itself?

You can either watch an AM21 OTA tuner live on a C31 client or an OTA recording, both work.
The AM21 provides two OTA tuners to be used in some mix of watching on a C31 or watching/recording on the HR34.

-Steve- Subscriber since Sept 1998  My Complete Setup 

SWM16 / HR44-500 (2TB & AM21) / HR34-700 (3TB & AM21) / HR24-500 (2TB eSATA) / C31 via WCCK / C41 x2 / C41W / H25-700

#43 OFFLINE   cpalmer2k

cpalmer2k

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

One more follow up question.. can you exclude some channels the AM21 finds on the HR34? For example we get an ETV station with about 5 subchannels that I don't really care to scroll through. Can I have it not display those, or is it an all or nothing deal?

#44 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

One more follow up question.. can you exclude some channels the AM21 finds on the HR34? For example we get an ETV station with about 5 subchannels that I don't really care to scroll through. Can I have it not display those, or is it an all or nothing deal?

Yes you can edit off air channels and prevent the channels/sub channels from displaying in the guide.

#45 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Yes you can edit off air channels and prevent the channels/sub channels from displaying in the guide.

To add to this I believe you can do it in two seperate places as well. Inside the antenna set-up screen, as well as in your cutom guide if you are using one. I think I make sure to include all of them in the antenna set-up screen, but then only include the ones I really want in my custom guide. That way if I ever do want to check out what is on those channels for some reason I can just switch my guide over to all channels, and they will show up, then I can go back to my custom guide to get rid of them again. This saves me from having to edit the channel list in the antenna set-up section over and over.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

Protected By... spam firewall...And...