Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No Coyotes hockey in New Mexico

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   paakoridge

paakoridge

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

DirecTV has indicated (email) that they can't offer Coyotes coverage from Fox AZ on Sports Pack to NM residents due to unspecified costs, thus will black out broadcasts and, because NM is Coyotes broadcast territory, will also black out Center Ice coverage, thus leaving NM in the dark for Coyotes viewing. This could spill over into many other markets with similar circumstances. Has anyone else experienced this communication from DirecTV?:mad:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dxtrfn80

dxtrfn80

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

Same thing with the Charlotte Bobcats and outside of the Charlotte Metro area. Have to go with Time Warner to see the Bobcats outside of Charlotte.

#3 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 532 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

i guess they updated there demographics for their audience, for all sports, I got same letter for Cleveland Cavaliers, from my understand is NBA NHL problem not direcTV

Edited by lacubs, 23 October 2012 - 08:06 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,317 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

No Coyotes hockey in New Mexico

Hockey in NM just seems unnatural. :grin:

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#5 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

One could say that about Southern California as well.

Yet we grabbed 2 out of the last 5 Stanley Cups. (Ducks - 2007, Kings - 2012)
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#6 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,317 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

Good for you. It doesn't matter.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#7 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 681 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

I used to live in Albuquerque and hockey has always been alive and well there. I remember playing pickup games of street hockey on the UNM quad back in the '90s and a friend of mine near there has kids enrolled in ice hockey and there are tournaments all over the state. Hockey does exist outside of the northern U.S. although I'm sure the Coyotes will move in the next couple of years so the original poster of this topic will be able to see the Seattle/Quebec Coyotes again soon enough.

#8 OFFLINE   Cyber36

Cyber36

Legend

• Registered
  • 274 posts
  • LocationByron NY

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

Don't worry, there won't be a season........

#9 OFFLINE   Baldmaga

Baldmaga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

A long time ago we got a letter from Directv saying that we would no longer receive FSN Southwest broadcasts of the Rockets, Mavericks and Spurs (all 3 were on that station) here in Louisiana. As a result, we were blacked out of any Texas teams games, as well as the Hornets. And the Hornets were carried by CST, which has never had carriage with DirecTV, so NBA LP was almost useless with up to 4 games blacked out on a given night.

#10 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

Good for you. It doesn't matter.

Now I understand why GA has lost two NHL hockey teams. :)

#11 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,317 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

Now I understand why GA has lost two NHL hockey teams. :)

What??? Hot & humid Georgia had NHL hockey teams? I thought those were uniformed freestyle swim teams! :P

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#12 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

DirecTV has indicated (email) that they can't offer Coyotes coverage from Fox AZ on Sports Pack to NM residents due to unspecified costs, thus will black out broadcasts and, because NM is Coyotes broadcast territory, will also black out Center Ice coverage, thus leaving NM in the dark for Coyotes viewing. This could spill over into many other markets with similar circumstances. Has anyone else experienced this communication from DirecTV?:mad:

Actually, not entirely accurate. In SOME zip codes in New Mexico there will not be games but not all of New Mexico.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#13 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,770 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Actually, not entirely accurate. In SOME zip codes in New Mexico there will not be games but not all of New Mexico.

Even with NHLCI? Why is that?

#14 OFFLINE   paakoridge

paakoridge

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

Where, Hidalgo county? Certainly not where I live, near Albuquerque, with half the state's population, and probably everything North, so it's essentially the bulk of NM.

#15 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

What??? Hot & humid Georgia had NHL hockey teams? I thought those were uniformed freestyle swim teams! :P

Funny?

#16 OFFLINE   scv87

scv87

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

I live in Benton, KY (far western part of the state), and got the same email saying I'll no longer get Memphis or Indiana in the NBA, and Nashville in the NHL. Memphis and Indiana are also blacked out in NBA League Pass too.

I still get the Columbus Blue Jackets even though I'm 120 miles from Nashville and 420 miles from Columbus.

Does anybody know if these new rules will affect MLB next year? If they take the Cardinals away, then I'll have to switch providers.

#17 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

DIRECTV sounds like they are going in Dish mode with the hosing in-market fans and sports fans in general. Oh, you live in western Kentucky, have League Pass, and want to watch the Pacers and Heat game that is being carried on FS Indiana, Sun Sports and NBA TV? Sorry, blacked out on all of the above.

#18 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

I can almost hear the New York State NHL blackout consensus brewing.

#19 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

If only the NHL were on.

#20 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,664 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

If only the NHL were on.

No Hockey Lately.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

Protected By... spam firewall...And...