Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

R16 will only record one channel

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   aubie71

aubie71

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

After many tries, and assistance from a couple of board members, I finally got the R16 to change from swm to multi-switch, so I could use it in the RV.

It works fine but will only record on one channel and will not allow you to watch on another channel while recording.

Signal meters show 90+ percent on each tuner. System setup is for dual tuners.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,210 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

When you are not using the SWM system it requires a coax from the dish LNB to each Input / Tuner.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   aubie71

aubie71

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

When you are not using the SWM system it requires a coax from the dish LNB to each Input / Tuner.

Did that and it showed 90+ percent signal on each tuner.

#4 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,814 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

You've got two separate coax from two separate connectors on the LNB to the two Sat inputs on the R16 and it still won't let you tune a second channel? If you have not done so, try resetting (red button) the R16 again.

If that doesn't do the trick, you might go back through sat setup and return it to one tuner, then do it again and set it back to two tuners.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what else to suggest.

#5 OFFLINE   otaliema

otaliema

AllStar

• Registered
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMid-west USA

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

The best way to repair the problem is what Carl said repet set to single than back to dual tuner. You "should" get a signal error when changing it from dual to single so you can just change set up back to dual tuner with out having to reboot on each tuner change. if that fails the old way to repair was this
System test, RBR, system test, Than test record change channels. But that was with the software that didnt give diagnostic test codes not sure if that will still work with the new software havn't had the chance to test it.

I am a former DIRECTV employee however all statements opinions, views, expressions, etc, are entirely my own even if logic says otherwise.

They DO NOT reflect on DIRECTV and or any partner, affiliated company's, polices, processes, opinions, or things that are not listed here.

Set up. HR24-200, HR24-200, HR22-200, H23-600. Whole Home, BBCCK, SL3 SWiM.

I have found that working with computers is like working with a toddler, sometimes there is no reason for the melt down, just keep on moving forward.

#6 OFFLINE   PokerJoker

PokerJoker

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 469 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

To reinforce what Carl said: two separate cables run directly from the dish to the receiver with no stops in between are required. No splitters, switches, or anything else involved.

Keith

#7 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,814 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

To reinforce what Carl said: two separate cables run directly from the dish to the receiver with no stops in between are required. No splitters, switches, or anything else involved.

Keith

Actually, there should be a ground block just outside of where the coax enters your structure - but that is a straight through connection, not a splitter or switch, etc. Electrically, it is a straight run from dish to receiver.

#8 OFFLINE   aubie71

aubie71

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them the next time I'm at the rv.

spam firewall