Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Gold Rush season 3

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

This season someone hits the Mother Load

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

trdrjeff

Icon

• Registered
  • 779 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

Definitely a show to DVR since they recap for a minute or two after every commercial break. I hope it's not one of the idiot groups that hit's the mother load :D
HR20-100
Sharp 52" LCD 1080p
Yamaha YSP Sound Projector fed with Optical
Harmony 700

HR22-100
32" Samsung LED New School

#3 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

Dave Turin calling himself "simpleminded"was funny. Rooting for the Schnabel's "Big Nugget" mine to hit the Mother Lode.

#4 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

I don't think I care who hits it. I hate the padding too, Jeff.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#5 OFFLINE   Tiny

Tiny

Mentor

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

I hope Todd does not have a Heart attack he must weigh 400lbs.

#6 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

I'm rooting for the Hoffman teams, this has become my favorite Discovery channel show by far, it should be a great season.

PS
Don't forget about the special at 7:30 pm tonight on Discovery

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#7 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

I'm rooting for the Hoffman teams, this has become my favorite Discovery channel show by far, it should be a great season.

PS
Don't forget about the special at 7:30 pm tonight on Discovery

Yeah, my DVR caught that one. I watched another "pre-season" episode last nite (not sure when it got recorded). It's a bit confusing trying to keep up with so many unaired eps ... but that's where my DVR comes to the rescue.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#8 OFFLINE   jdskycaster

jdskycaster

Legend

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Looking forward to the new season. I know absolutely nothing about mining for gold... which means I know just slightly less than Todd Hoffman....:)

#9 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Looking forward to the new season. I know absolutely nothing about mining for gold... which means I know just slightly less than Todd Hoffman....:)

That don't make you a bad person :)

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#10 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

I hope Todd does not have a Heart attack he must weigh 400lbs.

He overheard that whales are treated like royalty in Vegas. :P
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#11 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

I don't think I care who hits it. I hate the padding too, Jeff.

Watched the season opener last night.

I've changed my mind ... after what the Dakota's did to Parker, they don't deserve to even cover their expenses. Never liked Fred anyway.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#12 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

Watched the season opener last night.

I've changed my mind ... after what the Dakota's did to Parker, they don't deserve to even cover their expenses. Never liked Fred anyway.

Same here, and I really hope Fred needs a helping hand once again from Parker only for Parker to say GFY Fred :lol:

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#13 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

Same here, and I really hope Fred needs a helping hand once again from Parker only for Parker to say GFY Fred :lol:

It would take some humongous b_lls for Fred to ask Parker for anything ever again. I hope he enjoyed burning that bridge. Fred seems to think the world owes him a favor.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#14 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

It would take some humongous b_lls for Fred to ask Parker for anything ever again. I hope he enjoyed burning that bridge. Fred seems to think the world owes him a favor.

The only thing is, Fred really doesn't care what others think of him. :lol:

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#15 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

The only thing is, Fred really doesn't care what others think of him. :lol:

Sure he does. He said in the special before the episode that the only reason he agreed to be filmed again this year was to show everyone he wasn't a bad guy. He said that the editors made him look bad last year. Uh, no, Fred, that was all you.

#16 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

At this stage, I hope Todd gets his 1,000 ounces, but I really hope Parker takes the mother lode.

Unfortunately I think Todd sold his soul to the devil the moment he stepped off the plane in Dallas. If he were to find the big one, his "oilmen" financiers will be the winners.

On the other hand, Parker is the only one who has remained true to his original intent (to run the claim for grandpa) and has not ventured beyond his family for financial support.

I think Fred started out with honorable intentions (home destroyed by floods), but his methods have made him very unpopular. The cameras can only show what has happened. For him to claim that the producers of the show are placing him in a bad light, stretches our gullibility to the breaking point. I have to agree with hilmar2k's comment - "Uh, no, Fred, that was all you.".
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#17 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

I don't understand how the Hoffman group is even sustaining their operation. They were deep in the red the first season and bought tons of new equipment this season. They did profit from last season but they had to split it X number of ways and live on it for the off season, during which they traveled to South America searching for more gold leaving empty handed. They must be making a lot from their Discovery Channel contract or something because I doubt they are able to fund all this from just the gold alone.

Edited by litex2x, 29 October 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#18 OFFLINE   V'ger

V'ger

Icon

• Registered
  • 549 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

It seems the Hoffmans are more organized this year and are on the gold quickly. I cannot wait until the Trammel arrives and they get no gold, and have to keep running little Blue or try to take Dave's custom built sleuce.

I can see a rift between Dave and the Hoffmans due to the fact they are going to keep the gear in their cut in Quartz creek, preventing Dave from opening his ground and will only go to Indian River if Quartz Creek comes up with little or no gold.

If they turn Dave loose, he will clean their clock and get 2x the gold that Todd gets.

#19 OFFLINE   jdskycaster

jdskycaster

Legend

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

I think the dueling crews is just a bit too contrived to be totally believable. My guess is the producers are completely behind this one. The sites are adjoining and they needed more ground to get to 1000 ounces. Making it appear as though they are splitting up and going to battle makes good tv but the money for all of their gear comes from the same group of investors. Profits, if any, will all land in the same bucket.

#20 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

I don't understand how the Hoffman group is even sustaining their operation. They were deep in the red the first season and bought tons of new equipment this season. They did profit from last season but they had to split it X number of ways and live on it for the off season, during which they traveled to South America searching for more gold leaving empty handed. They must be making a lot from their Discovery Channel contract or something because I doubt they are able to fund all this from just the gold alone.

I think you've already answered that question.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...