Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Gold Rush season 3

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Just a thought

Just a thought

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

I hope its parker and his grandpa that hits the mother load. They are the only ones who truly have a good heart and deserve it.

Todd is an arrogaunt bully and Fred well so many bad things to say about him no sense everyone see's it. Karma gets him all the time. :D

Parker and his grandpa are the only reason we watch. They could do away with Todd and Fred all together.

People like kindness we deal with enough jerks like todd and fred everyday we dont want to see them on tv. Best of wishes parker.

Dont let men like fred bring you down. And fred and Todd Karma is watching ......

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Just a thought

Just a thought

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

Whether they are allowed to talk about it or not all these people are getting paid to do this show. Dont let them fool ya on how little they made. Todd was quoted online saying that getting paid to do the show was the real gold mine.

#23 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,252 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

I hope its parker and his grandpa that hits the mother load. They are the only ones who truly have a good heart and deserve it.

Todd is an arrogaunt bully and Fred well so many bad things to say about him no sense everyone see's it. Karma gets him all the time. :D

Parker and his grandpa are the only reason we watch. They could do away with Todd and Fred all together.

People like kindness we deal with enough jerks like todd and fred everyday we dont want to see them on tv. Best of wishes parker.

Dont let men like fred bring you down. And fred and Todd Karma is watching ......

Just remember that Todd now has to answer to his Dallas investors. This, unfortunately, forces Todd to act as a business man more so than an amatuer mining for gold with his dad and buddies. The bottom line now has to take precedence. He may appear to be a bully, but I think he's just trying to conserve the budget.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on Parker and Fred, and like I said before, I would like to see Todd get his 1,000 oz but would prefer the mother lode go to Parker. Fred can go home empty-handed, for all I care.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#24 OFFLINE   V'ger

V'ger

Icon

• Registered
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Just think what if Discovery Channel has misled everyone. The season ends with no one hitting the mother load?

After last nights show, it appears to be heading that way.

#25 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Just think what if Discovery Channel has misled everyone. The season ends with no one hitting the mother load?

There just trying to make it dramatic :)

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#26 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,252 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

It's a thought, but I wouldn't put anything on it.

Why would they sully their reputation with a gimmick like this? Surely, the PR damage and loss of future viewership would be significant.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#27 OFFLINE   volkl

volkl

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

I wonder why they cannot use explosives to get through the 15 foot overburden?

#28 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,103 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

I wonder why they cannot use explosives to get through the 15 foot overburden?

The problem is not getting through the overburden, the material thaws and freezes when it's moved and the 20' + hole they dig will be too difficult to work in. The sides will constantly fall in and it will be a big mud hole. Explosives may blow a hole in the ground but the material still needs to be handled and it would be much harder to handle when the site looks like a bomb went off. ;)

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#29 OFFLINE   Propmaker

Propmaker

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

It's a good thing that this show is about entertainment and not actual gold mining. The drama created by poor decision making is about a half a step above The Jerry Springer Show.

#30 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

It's a good thing that this show is about entertainment and not actual gold mining. The drama created by poor decision making is about a half a step above The Jerry Springer Show.

Makes me wish Discovery would find a competent mining team and pit them against everyone else just to completely crush them all with zero drama during their operation.

Aside from that it seems clear Parker is going to be the one to hit it big. I think the Hoffman team is just going to straight up lose their investors mid season.

#31 OFFLINE   V'ger

V'ger

Icon

• Registered
  • 549 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

I agree with that. If Parker can get 25 oz in about three days of work, he should clear 100s of ounces if he can get over his cash flow problem.

Dakota Fred just kills me. After raising a stink over the bridge and losing his excavator, he might have gotten help from Parker if Fred hadn't burned his bridges (figuratively!) when Parker had need of that electrical panel.

Fred's greed will kill his season.

I feel sorry for Dave at Indian RIver. He is hard working and just had bad luck on getting paydirt. If the cut fails, then I don't see why they don't move it to Quartz Creek or move paydirt to Indian River from QC. But that would be beyond Todd's imagination. He's lost three weeks and could have had QC's dirt run at IR. There is still the drama when the wonder-Trammel arrives and it is worse at collecting gold than Old Blue. By the time he figures it all out, the season will be over.

Edited by V'ger, 27 November 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#32 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

I feel like that one guy in Parker's crew was planted there by Discovery to cause drama. It's so weird seeing all these men take orders from a teen.

#33 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

I feel like that one guy in Parker's crew was planted there by Discovery to cause drama. It's so weird seeing all these men take orders from a teen.

He is the one that is paying them :)

And in the newest commercial for Discovery channel Mega week? It says something like find out who hits the Mother Load on Dec 14th.

I really believe it has to be the Hoffman crew because of the investors ultimatum to produce at least 100 oz's of GOLD in 3 weeks time or they will pull the plug on the Hoffman's crew.

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#34 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,252 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I suppose it's anybodys guess who finds the mother lode.

Who deserves it? IMHO, Parker :icon_hroc or Todd :yesman: , in that order.

Fred? I'd give him the time of day :zzz: , but that's about it.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#35 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Fred? I'd give him the time of day :zzz: , but that's about it.

Best moment of the season so far is when Fred falls on his face walking through the snow. That was pre-karma.

#36 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,252 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Best moment of the season so far is when Fred falls on his face walking through the snow. That was pre-karma.

Ooh, forgot that one! Karma's got a way of forecasting your future ... especially if it knows you already. :P
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#37 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Ooh, forgot that one! Karma's got a way of forecasting your future ... especially if it knows you already. :P

:lol::lol: And he had Snow Shoes on at the time :lol::lol:

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#38 OFFLINE   V'ger

V'ger

Icon

• Registered
  • 549 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Dakota Fred is just someone you love to hate! His son could be a nice guy and is Fred's one redeeming act in life.

#39 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Looks like Dakota Fred might be the one to hit it big if that ancient waterfall is real. I don't want him to be one hit it big. :(

#40 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Looks like Dakota Fred might be the one to hit it big if that ancient waterfall is real. I don't want him to be one hit it big. :(

It's funny and I thought I would never say this, but Dakota Fred is starting to grow on me. I realize I gained way more respect for him over the past few weeks because of his Ingenuity with solving many breakdowns with old equipment.

Oh BTW
I still hope the 2 Hoffman teams are the Mother load strikers.....

And what's up with Parker, he is being a brat lately

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

Protected By... spam firewall...And...