Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Gold Rush season 3

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

For some reason I thought hitting the mother lode meant one of the teams would find an unexpectedly large gold deposit. I didn't think it was just a title reward given by Discovery. It's a bit unfair that Hoffman's got it. Their crew is more than twice the size of the other two crews put together.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,091 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

For some reason I thought hitting the mother lode meant one of the teams would find an unexpectedly large gold deposit. I didn't think it was just a title reward given by Discovery. It's a bit unfair that Hoffman's got it. Their crew is more than twice the size of the other two crews put together.

I think most of us thought that way too. I'm now thinking that Discovery was gambling on one of the teams hitting a rich vein. When that didn't happen, we got what we saw last night. :nono2:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#83 OFFLINE   MIKE0616

MIKE0616

Godfather

• Registered
  • 483 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

I think most of us thought that way too. I'm now thinking that Discovery was gambling on one of the teams hitting a rich vein. When that didn't happen, we got what we saw last night. :nono2:

How much of that was planted by the producers? :D

#84 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,091 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

How much of that was planted by the producers? :D

Who knows? ... good question, though. ;)
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#85 OFFLINE   MIKE0616

MIKE0616

Godfather

• Registered
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

Who knows? ... good question, though. ;)

From the lawsuits about the other "reality" shows that are going on being fixed (planting of special items, etc. in the case of A&E), would not doubt it in the least that producers had to toss something into the mix so viewers would think there was some legitimacy in the show. In season #1, everyone on the show would be financially ruined if the mother-lode wasn't hit. Duh, they were all, most of them, back for season #2 and nobody was homeless nor financially ruined, but the same story was on again, if they didn't hit it big, they were all bankrupt. Didn't hit billions in ore, but they were back once again in season #3, same song, next verse, words are the same, but its only getting worse.

By repeating the same old doomsday story each season, kinda made me wonder just how naive the producers think the viewers are. :D There is no doubt in my mind that next season the story will be the same as in season #1.

All the hype of this show reminds me of "Whale Wars" where the narrator's script keeps talking about the "Japanese Navy" coming after them, when, in fact, Japan is totally banned from having any military of any kind since the truce ending WWII. Guess the producers on that show are hoping the viewers don't know that tidbit, huh?

Reality programming? Huh? :hurah:

#86 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,091 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

From the lawsuits about the other "reality" shows that are going on being fixed (planting of special items, etc. in the case of A&E), would not doubt it in the least that producers had to toss something into the mix so viewers would think there was some legitimacy in the show. In season #1, everyone on the show would be financially ruined if the mother-lode wasn't hit. Duh, they were all, most of them, back for season #2 and nobody was homeless nor financially ruined, but the same story was on again, if they didn't hit it big, they were all bankrupt. Didn't hit billions in ore, but they were back once again in season #3, same song, next verse, words are the same, but its only getting worse.

By repeating the same old doomsday story each season, kinda made me wonder just how naive the producers think the viewers are. :D There is no doubt in my mind that next season the story will be the same as in season #1.

All the hype of this show reminds me of "Whale Wars" where the narrator's script keeps talking about the "Japanese Navy" coming after them, when, in fact, Japan is totally banned from having any military of any kind since the truce ending WWII. Guess the producers on that show are hoping the viewers don't know that tidbit, huh?

Reality programming? Huh? :hurah:

Poor, Todd. :lol:

Unfortunately, reports of the Japanese Navy (aka Maritime Self Defense Force) running interventions to protect the Nisshin Maru (et al), is true.

http://www.news.com....v-1226585622493
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

spam firewall