Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Use Old Directv bracket??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   flash828

flash828

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

HI, I have an old Directv bracket (about 9 years old, had cable since then) mounted into the foundation of the house about 10" below where the siding starts. Our new install will be tomorrow and I would like to keep the same bracket since it's very solid, sealed and easy to wipe off snow. Is this possible? Thanks for any info.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   wallfishman

wallfishman

Icon

• Registered
  • 509 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

HI, I have an old Directv bracket (about 9 years old, had cable since then) mounted into the foundation of the house about 10" below where the siding starts. Our new install will be tomorrow and I would like to keep the same bracket since it's very solid, sealed and easy to wipe off snow. Is this possible? Thanks for any info.

it needs to be a 2 inch outside diameter mast so I doubt what you have will work. I install them in that same spot all the time though so maybe they can put the correct one in the same spot.

#3 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,712 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

That old bracket is not compatible with the newer 2" dish masts.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#4 OFFLINE   flash828

flash828

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

Thanks! Is the plate the same foot print? Would the holes be the same? Don't want drill new holes. Maybe gas fire place bump out roof then...like neighbors.

#5 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,239 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

No, the base plate is larger and has different hole spacing. You might be able to drill new holes in the base plate to align, haven't tried that.

#6 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

This may work to adapt the existing mast to the larger size,
http://www.solidsign...g Supplies&sku=
The support rods would still need to be used.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...