Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Blockbuster to Test Subscriptions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Charles Oliva

Charles Oliva

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 07:31 PM

http://entertainment...1977254000.html

PPV movie selection with Premium Channel Price, and not having to wait 4-7 days for the mail. Sign Me Up!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

God Bless America!

• Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 07:47 PM

Blockbuster doesn't carry OAR movies when cropped versions are available. Therefore I don't rent from them (or any other rental chain). I only buy movies 'cuz then I can get the whole movie

#3 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 08:31 PM

I think it's a great idea but Blockbuster will probably lack the one thing that makes Netflix better. A rental queue. When you put something on the queue, you can forget about it until it reaches your mailbox. With Blockbuster, you are victim to whatever is in the store at the time you show up.

The other thing that might happen is that the selection of movies will dip because people will keep them longer. Netflix has that same problem.

#4 OFFLINE   lee635

lee635

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 04:59 PM

Why doesn't Blockbuster just hand you a prepaid mailer to return your movie? That's sort of the best of Blockbuster (go to the store and pick out the movie) combined with the best of Netflicks (don't have to worry about slugging back to the video store with returns).
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. - Ghandi

Protected By... spam firewall...And...