Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Some advice when calling CSR's

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

I would just tell the Directv CSR that I am going to be Recording the Conversation so if there are any problems I can Replay the Conversation to keep everyone straight about what transpired and if the CSR has a problem with that then I would hang up and call back to get another CSR via the CSR Roulette Game.

If they object I would ask what the problem is because you are Recording our Conversation so why can't I have that same privilege to protect my Interests?

None of them should object as there is clear guidance for this situation.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Combat Medic

Combat Medic

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Yes, yes, I'm familiar with that script. As soon as the word "recording" comes up in that context, I escalate it to PS, script be damned. I have rights.

Our calls to DirecTV are also sometimes recorded, are they not? Do we not have rights?

#23 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Our calls to DirecTV are also sometimes recorded, are they not? Do we not have rights?

EXACTLY!!! :)
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#24 OFFLINE   rrdirectsr

rrdirectsr

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

I treat every call as though it was recorded. I always assume that anyone is or could be listening to me. There's no excuse for lieing to someone. I'm proud of my job and how I do it.

I do appreciate it though when someone asks if they can record me rather than throwing it out at the end of the call like they were trying to trick me or accusing me of not telling the truth.

Despite the posts by whatever his name is, some people really love doing this line of work and working at D* is the best call center job I've ever had.
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

3 HR24-100s owned
1 AM21 with cheap indoor multidirectional OTA
Slimline 5
WorldDirect
WHDVR with BB DECA

#25 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,173 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Yes, yes, I'm familiar with that script. As soon as the word "recording" comes up in that context, I escalate it to PS, script be damned. I have rights.

It may be different form state to state, but i recall once being told by someone who should know that if one side says they may record the conversation, the other side can too without even mentioning it.

#26 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,228 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

It does vary by state law.

#27 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

It may be different form state to state, but i recall once being told by someone who should know that if one side says they may record the conversation, the other side can too without even mentioning it.

Some states don't require any notification.
Some states allow that if one party is recording, with notification, than the other party may as well without notification.
Some states require both parties to disclose, and agree, that they are recording each other.

As a customer when I call a company and they tell me they may record me I have the option to continue the call, which is an approval, or I can have the option to disconnect the call. If I choose to disconnect the call then I must use another form of contact.

Employees only have the rights that the company affords them in terms of not being recorded. Most customer service call centers will have policies that allow them to be recorded because there shouldn't be anything to worry about. If the agent does their job properly then there's not an issue. If not however then you get this:

v6_p5V4EGXI

That is the extreme and not the norm or we would see more posting like this.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#28 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

I had in instance where my dad mistakenly order phone service claiming to be from AT&T with long distance calling for low promo rate, but did not know it was bundled with seperate LD service from different company,but my dad told me that he didn't sign up for anything, and that he responded no to some of the question that was being asked yes on other question, but when installer showed up we were totally confused and he said we scheduled for install and we rejected and turn him away, and we called AT&T to verify that we did not order service, and they said yes we did and played us the recorded conversation which did confirm that he ordered service, but my dad said that they must have switched the recorded answers to make it seem like he confirmed the order.

#29 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Some states don't require any notification.
Some states allow that if one party is recording, with notification, than the other party may as well without notification.
Some states require both parties to disclose, and agree, that they are recording each other.

As a customer when I call a company and they tell me they may record me I have the option to continue the call, which is an approval, or I can have the option to disconnect the call. If I choose to disconnect the call then I must use another form of contact.

Employees only have the rights that the company affords them in terms of not being recorded. Most customer service call centers will have policies that allow them to be recorded because there shouldn't be anything to worry about. If the agent does their job properly then there's not an issue. If not however then you get this:

v6_p5V4EGXI

That is the extreme and not the norm or we would see more posting like this.

CANCEL THE ACCOUNT!!! i cannot be more clearer !rolling

Protected By... spam firewall...And...