Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD LOCALS Charleston, SC

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HDSC

HDSC

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

I think our spot-beam went out at 7PM tonight. As of 8:30 still out but all other channels working fine.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   crimpshrine

crimpshrine

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Yep, HD locals in Greenville, NC are out too.

My wife was saying her shows weren't recording and after a few receiver reboots I figured out it was only the local channels out..:lol:

#3 OFFLINE   fwlogue

fwlogue

Godfather

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Having the same problem in Virginia Beach, VA. Everything working except locals.
Fred

AU9 > WB68 and SWM5 > 3 - HR20-700, 2 - R15, 1 - H20-600

#4 OFFLINE   muohio

muohio

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

They just put up a screen saying they are working on the issue. I'm in Atlanta, GA for reference.

#5 OFFLINE   cpalmer2k

cpalmer2k

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

locals are still up in Greenville-Spartanburg, SC.. we must be among the lucky ones. No clue how we have a different spotbeam than Charleston, it must be an uplink center and not the bird itself.

#6 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

You are correct. It's an uplink center covering portions of 8 states.

Kevin
Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

#7 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,862 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

From Facebook:

DirecTV
Important Alert: Due to a fiber outage customers in the markets listed below are experiencing HD channel signal issues. While we work on restoring the signals as quick as possible, please know you may still watch the SD channels in your market.

Markets include Albany NY, Atlanta GA, Baltimore MD, Bangor ME, Beaumont TX, Boston MA, Charleston SC, Charlotte NC, Florence - Myrtle Beach SC, Fort Myers FL, Gainesville FL, Greensboro NC, Greenville NC, Harrisburg PA, Hartford CT, Hattiesburg MS, Jackson MS, Jacksonville FL, Lake Charles LA, Miami FL, New York NY, Norfolk VA, Orlando FL, Philadelphia PA, Portland ME, Providence RI, Raleigh NC, Richmond VA, Savannah GA, Springfield MA, Tampa FL, West Palm Beach FL, and Wilkes Barre PA.

For continued information stay tuned to our Hurricane Sandy Channel numbers 325 and 349.

Thank you and stay safe.
Like · · Share · 1628942 · 10 minutes ago ·
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#8 OFFLINE   HDSC

HDSC

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Its a little easier to work on a data center than try to get a pair of plyers, screwdrivers and a hammer up to the satellite:D

#9 OFFLINE   paja

paja

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

The affected customers MUST recieve compensation!!!!

#10 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

I hope that was sarcasm...

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#11 OFFLINE   muohio

muohio

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

Sucks that I had to subscribe to a thread here to find that this was posted on Facebook. Nearly impossible to find anything on their site and they never put this on twitter. Would probably cut down on their tech support call volume if this was widely made known.

#12 ONLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,817 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

The Albany, GA PBS is on the Jacksonville, FL spot-beam, and is out with the notice as well... even though there is no SD channel to switch to. ;)

#13 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

So give em a call. Let us know what you got from them.... maybe $5 off for this month and a free movie :)
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#14 OFFLINE   HDSC

HDSC

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

I am not sure why, but I did the change to duplicates for all channels. All the other channels duplicated but not the locals. We used to have a two dish setup but they disconnected it last year. FYI-All my tv's are HD so I do not know if maybe the installer knew that and just installed a single dish. I'm not mad at anyone just troubleshooting with a lot of people here that have far more knowledge. I would never try to get through to Customer service for that with all the problems they are dealing with.

#15 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,468 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

It makes me appreciate my old HR20-700s with their OTA tuners. Didn't loose a thing with them.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#16 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

It makes me appreciate my old HR20-700s with their OTA tuners. Didn't loose a thing with them.

Same antenna will usually plug into the jack on the back of the TV and scan in the same stations. Just wont have DVR functions, but you will still be able to watch the locals.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#17 OFFLINE   HDSC

HDSC

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Same antenna will usually plug into the jack on the back of the TV and scan in the same stations. Just wont have DVR functions, but you will still be able to watch the locals.

Yes I have an antenna connected as you stated so I am able to watch locals. The ones living in the Sandy affected areas would love to have our minor issues.

#18 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,468 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

True, but less switching from one input to the other, when you can just change channels. I am a less steps kind of person. :D

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#19 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Try in an Italian court.:)

#20 OFFLINE   smitmor

smitmor

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Shreveport, LA locals are dropping audio and the video is freezing up like it does during a storm -- but the skies are crystal clear. I hope the uplink problem is bleeding over to us rather than my receiver going wonky.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...