Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Whole home dvr help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Sfbball

Sfbball

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Authorized but all recievers say no networked dvr found. Reset all recievers multiple times. I believe it is a deca system swm and h21-200(2) h24-200(1) hr22-100(1)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,272 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

:welcome _s to DBSTalk!

We'll try to get this figured out for you. A couple quick questions regarding your setup... Are you using a CCK (Cinema Connection Kit) to allow you to connect to the Internet? Also, can you post the IP address for each of your receivers? To get the IP address, press and hold the Info button for 3 seconds. Then scroll down the setup screen to see the IP address. Also, press the Dash button on each receiver. Let us know if it says "SWM Connected" and "Internet Connected".

- Merg

Edited by The Merg, 29 October 2012 - 08:56 PM.

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,984 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

:welcome _s: to DBSTalk!

We'll try to get this figured out for you. A couple quick questions regarding your setup... Are you using a CCK (Cinema Connection Kit) to allow you to connect to the Internet? Also, can you post the IP address for each of your receivers? To get the IP address, press and hold the Info button for 3 seconds. Then scroll down the setup screen to see the IP address. Also, press the Dash button on each receiver. Let us know if it says "SWM Connected" and "Internet Connected".

- Merg

Do the HR21 & 22 have external DECAs?
A.K.A VOS

#4 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,272 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Knew I'd forget to ask something, although if Whole Home was authorized I would hope they installed DECAs.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#5 OFFLINE   otaliema

otaliema

AllStar

• Registered
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMid-west USA

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

:welcome: Welcome to DBS
Assuming you have the DECA's in a system network reboot might do the trick.
Unplug the CCK power (if you have one)
Reset network defaults on the unit. Menu-Settings-setting-network.
Unplug the power on each unit after resetting defaults.
Power up the cck
Power each reciver one at a time, Recomened order HR24, HR22, H21 let each unit boot fully prior to pluggin in the next one.
In thory that should reassign the IP addresses and get it working.

Your in great hands with VOS and Merg on the case. I credit them with most of my know how for networking with the Directv system.

I am a former DIRECTV employee however all statements opinions, views, expressions, etc, are entirely my own even if logic says otherwise.

They DO NOT reflect on DIRECTV and or any partner, affiliated company's, polices, processes, opinions, or things that are not listed here.

Set up. HR24-200, HR24-200, HR22-200, H23-600. Whole Home, BBCCK, SL3 SWiM.

I have found that working with computers is like working with a toddler, sometimes there is no reason for the melt down, just keep on moving forward.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...