Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Disney buys Lucasfilm! New Star Wars in 2015. No, I'm not making this up!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,390 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hitler Reacts to Disney Buying Lucas

Note: possibly NSFW

Edited by trh, 01 November 2012 - 07:17 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

This is more classy, then stupid Hitler's parody.

#23 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

That's the pic that I saw, I think on Gizmodo, as an animated gif where they zoom in on his face with the caption "What have I done."

#24 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,390 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

George Lucas is ensuring that the force may be with young Jedis everywhere.

The "Star Wars" director will donate the $4.05 billion he will receive from the sale of Lucasfilm Ltd. to Disney to a foundation focused on education, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Lucas to donate $4B to education

#25 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,356 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

Not sure if this was just a rumor but we were in Florida recently and someone had mentioned that Disney was going to take those tights back in order that they may use them in their parks

Tights? What tights? There's no tights in Star Wars! :lol:

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#26 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,305 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

There're..... There are no tights in Star Wars.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#27 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,356 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

There're..... There are no tights in Star Wars.

Good catch, but in my defense, I assert that my use of "tights" is in the singular, as in, "How many tights am I wearing, you ask? Just one."

Conversely, my father, who was a newspaper man, perversely maintained that the word "news" is plural, as in, "Are there any news?" :P

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#28 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,305 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Good catch, but in my defense, I assert that my use of "tights" is in the singular, as in, "How many tights am I wearing, you ask? Just one."

Conversely, my father, who was a newspaper man, perversely maintained that the word "news" is plural, as in, "Are there any news?" :P

Hah! You're, not "your", a chip off the old block! Very nice; I would have liked your Dad.

And my nit was indeed a stretch.... and I was right in guessing you'd not pass on it, either! But I'd also not ask you, "How many tights is you wearing?", for several reasons.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#29 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Looks like Disney doesn't get everything. Fox has distribution rights to New Hope in perpetuity, and the other original trilogy films until 2020. So Disney can't release a set with all of them without a deal with Fox.

#30 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,246 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

I don't know about anyone else but I do feel a little better about this since they've announced JJ Abrams involvement. Of course after they announced that they started talking about these "stand alone character movies" which brought me back to the whole "I'm not so sure about this" feeling. That being said I think a movie about Han Solo and some of his adventures as a younger man before the events of "A New Hope" could make for a pretty cool movie!

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#31 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

The one and only issue I have with JJ is his affection for lens flare.
DTV = Digital Television

#32 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Same here. He isn't letting up in Star Trek. There is no way it cold be as bad as Super 8 though, I hope.

#33 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

Carrie Fisher confirms she will be in the new films. Hamill says that no parts would be recast if someone didn't agree to come back, the part would just be written out.

http://news.cnet.com...tar-wars-films/

Or maybe not. While some of what she said was a joke, a rep says the whole thing was, and that nothing has been announced.

Edited by dpeters11, 06 March 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#34 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

A New Star Wars movie every year starting 2015 until, well looks like forever, or at least until they stop making money.

http://social.entert...lm-every-summer

Edited by tsmacro, 17 April 2013 - 02:58 PM.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#35 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:51 AM

Just announced by Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy at Star Wars Celebration Europe: The legendary John Williams is confirmed to score Star Wars: Episode VII! http://youtu.be/kQ4jZr1w0AI

#36 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

And now we have a release date: 12-18-15

http://starwars.com/...er-18-2015.html

Protected By... spam firewall...And...