Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Any re-broadcasts from last night?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wavemaster

wavemaster

Godfather

• Registered
  • 431 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Will directv be rebroadcasting any of the HD locals from last night? If so any idea what channel they would be one.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,568 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

I'm wondering if some shows were changed at the last minute. We don't record much on Mondays, but Mike and Molly was set as a new episode, but what actually aired was a rerun. According to a coworker, some others were the same way.

#3 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,130 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

CBS & CW are airing what was supposed to be on last night on next Monday.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#4 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,219 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

Revolution is getting rebroadcast on Friday 8 PM EST
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#5 OFFLINE   tgater

tgater

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Wouldn't it be up to the local station, not directv? I mean after all D* didn't halt the programs the locals chose to air storm coverage instead of regular programing.

#6 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

Wouldn't it be up to the local station, not directv?

It would be up to the network and/or the local affiliate, yes. There have been several re-schedules already, as pointed out above, and it wouldn't surprise me if there were more going forward.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#7 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

Wouldn't it be up to the local station, not directv? I mean after all D* didn't halt the programs the locals chose to air storm coverage instead of regular programing.

I think the OP is referring to the DirecTV outage of HD locals that impacted markets in eight states.

#8 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

I think the OP is referring to the DirecTV outage of HD locals that impacted markets in eight states.

It still wouldn't be up to DirecTV to rebroadcast the shows though.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#9 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Will directv be rebroadcasting any of the HD locals from last night? If so any idea what channel they would be one.

That isn't up to DirecTV, it is up to your HD Locals. DirecTV doesn't own the programming at all, and doesn't have the rights to re-broadcast anything without specific permission of the owners of the programming.

So if your HD locals figure they have lost half or more of their audience because of the storm (many lost power, many lost cable service as well), they have the option to re-broadcast a show, but it is really up to them as they own the broadcast rights to do so.
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#10 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Still, DirecTV doesn't own the programming rights, and wouldn't even be ALLOWED to rebroadcast programming. With 8 Million out of power, and from a TWC tweet I found out about 1 million Time Warner Cable customers lost cable service whether they had power or not.... DirecTV customers aren't the only ones that lost programming.

It's a shame that those that aren't directly affected by this disaster..... don't think about the many lives lost and the billions of dollars of damage.... but about what television they missed and how they might get compensated in some form. But that's our current world I'm afraid, so who the hell am I to judge that. :D
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#11 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Revolution is getting rebroadcast on Friday 8 PM EST

Thanks for that. I did not see mine was screwed up.

#12 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 535 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

are the DVR picking up these changes?

#13 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

So far, so good.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#14 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 535 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

the reason i ask mine 34 hasn't pick them up yet

#15 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,705 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

I was I impressed that my dvr picked up the NBC changes last night. Preempt of Go On and the New Normal for a Sandy recap. Fios dvr did not.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#16 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

mine does not know that it recorded nothing but an apology screen for an hour

Protected By... spam firewall...And...