Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Don't Trust the Bitch in Apt. 23

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

It was actually pretty good! Some clever lines and bits, and the "bitch" is hot! A keeper. I like the way they deal with the TV star guy and work in some fellow actors in crazy ways. Pretty inventive.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,871 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

I find myself feeling guilty at laughing during this show... I had DVRed the 7 episodes last season and just got around to watching them in time for the season premier last week... I'm glad I did. It's quirky-funny, which is my kind of funny.

Also... Van Der Beek essentially reprising his self-send-up routine from Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back is hilarious.

I do wonder, though...

When people in real life used to approach him and confuse him with his fictional "Dawson" persona... he could easily say "Dawson is a character I play on TV... that's not who I am."

But... I wonder how he handles his over-enthusiastic fans now who see him playing "himself" :)

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

It was actually pretty good! Some clever lines and bits, and the "bitch" is hot! A keeper. I like the way they deal with the TV star guy and work in some fellow actors in crazy ways. Pretty inventive.

I hate to say this, wait no I don't... I told you so. :)
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

I find myself feeling guilty at laughing during this show... I had DVRed the 7 episodes last season and just got around to watching them in time for the season premier last week... I'm glad I did. It's quirky-funny, which is my kind of funny.

Also... Van Der Beek essentially reprising his self-send-up routine from Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back is hilarious.

I do wonder, though...

When people in real life used to approach him and confuse him with his fictional "Dawson" persona... he could easily say "Dawson is a character I play on TV... that's not who I am."

But... I wonder how he handles his over-enthusiastic fans now who see him playing "himself" :)

He was on Fallon the other night and referred to his character on Don't trust as "Fake James" or something like that. And whenever he said his "character's name" he, and Jimmy, did the whole air quote thing.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

One of my favorite new shows last year. And bonus: no laughtrack.

#6 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Count me in as a fan.

Edited by yosoyellobo, 31 October 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

And bonus: no laughtrack.

I've always been too busy laughing to notice. :lol:
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#8 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Missed it last season, is the Dawson's Landing guy supposed to be gay or what? He shows no interest in either girl and the "bitch" discovered his gay hookup app on his phone. Yet this ep didn't feature him interested in guys either.

I think I like this show because each character is so fully committed to their own insane reality. It is very NY, I know people like that. And it's funny--very hip showbiz references. And the bitch is hot. A show without a hot bitch is not a show.

#9 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Missed it last season, is the Dawson's Landing guy supposed to be gay or what? He shows no interest in either girl and the "bitch" discovered his gay hookup app on his phone. Yet this ep didn't feature him interested in guys either.

I think I like this show because each character is so fully committed to their own insane reality. It is very NY, I know people like that. And it's funny--very hip showbiz references. And the bitch is hot. A show without a hot bitch is not a show.

It's Dawson's Creek and no he's not gay.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#10 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

He's playing "himself" on the show. His "character" isn't gay at all. You should watch last season. It's only like 6 episodes I think and available on Hulu.

His assistant, definitely gay.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#11 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,497 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

A show without a hot bitch is not a show.

Sometimes it amazes me how much we still have to evolve. Luckily some are further along the scale than others.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#12 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,871 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Where to begin...

Dawson's Creek...

The "bitch" put the gay hookup app on his phone so that she could track him.

The pilot episode introduced the fact that "bitch" and Dawson had dated but decided they were better as friends.

Dawson's assistant is clearly gay... but I haven't seen anything on the show to indicate Dawson himself is playing a gay character.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#13 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

It's really good to see Krysten Ritter get a juicy part, and she shows us she can more than handle it; I've been rooting for this girl to get something like this for years, both because I think she is that talented (and in a unique quirky way) and she is also smokin' hot, and who doesn't want the smokin'-est actresses to be the ones you can tune into every week? Both leads are great in this show, and the writing is certainly above par for this type of show.

I think these writers know how to do "edgy" while not crossing the line to "disgusting". It's really clever how they present the outrageous in a way that does not turn people off. The opposite of this would be Chelsea Handler, everything she ever said or did, and every show she has been involved with. She has had opportunities to shape "edgy" shows like this and each time she completely blows it out her %%%. What a useless blob of protoplasm. It's OK to not have talent, but pretty annoying to have no talent and be convinced that you actually do, and to bend over for a network president to get there.
It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#14 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

Sometimes it amazes me how much we still have to evolve. Luckily some are further along the scale than others.

Yeah, sorry you're lagging behind but you'll catch up!:nono2:

#15 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

It's really good to see Krysten Ritter get a juicy part, and she shows us she can more than handle it; I've been rooting for this girl to get something like this for years, both because I think she is that talented (and in a unique quirky way) and she is also smokin' hot, and who doesn't want the smokin'-est actresses to be the ones you can tune into every week? Both leads are great in this show, and the writing is certainly above par for this type of show.

I think these writers know how to do "edgy" while not crossing the line to "disgusting". It's really clever how they present the outrageous in a way that does not turn people off. The opposite of this would be Chelsea Handler, everything she ever said or did, and every show she has been involved with. She has had opportunities to shape "edgy" shows like this and each time she completely blows it out her %%%. What a useless blob of protoplasm. It's OK to not have talent, but pretty annoying to have no talent and be convinced that you actually do, and to bend over for a network president to get there.

+1 on Krysten Ritter, she's terrific! Chelsea Handler...is there a vomit emoticon handy?? The only audience I imagine her having is women who are so relieved there's actually someone on TV LESS attractive than they are that they fall in love with her. Zero talent, brutally unattractive, not funny. I avoid at all costs.

Everybody's so fanatical over whether it's Dawson's Creek or Landing, that suggests you actually watched that show?? Yikes.

Ah, the Bitch put the gay hookup app on there herself! Nice touch. The show really does give you a quick hit of classic NYC characters. Having lived there, the characterizations are not as broad as it may seem!

Edited by Maruuk, 13 November 2012 - 04:07 AM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...