Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Genie: Version 0x05D3 - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

This is the official Issues and Discussion thread for HR34, version 0x05CD

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.c...903#post3122903

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lgb0250

lgb0250

Legend

• Registered
  • 254 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

The series already recording message is still coming up. On a good note, the remote is no longer sluggish. After the last release my remote became ridiculously sluggish and now it's back to normal. I also see where they added a new search feature for TV Shows under search and browse. When I access it I get this message "You Might Like is currently updating. Please check back in 1 hour". I currently have genie recommends turned off since this feature really doesn't really interest me anyway.

Edited by lgb0250, 31 October 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

On the "My Directv" section where it shows what's on etc do we really need half the screen taken up by the Genie banner??

#4 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

If you opt in to Genie Recommends that goes away.
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

On the "My Directv" section where it shows what's on etc do we really need half the screen taken up by the Genie banner??

I believe they are trying to make more people aware of the Genie feature, even if you don't choose to use it right away. And the new search by "TV Shows" looks like it will give you more information on recommended shows that used to be on the main screen. Although the first time into it, it says "You Might Like is currently updating. Please check back in 1 hour." So I'm just assuming it will be similar to what used to be on the main "My DIRECTV" screen.

And so far with this release, everything seems to be working well. No longer freezing on a black screen for extended periods of time, when you exit a recording.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#6 OFFLINE   raromr

raromr

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

And the always present progress bar issue still not fixed as well as the error about program still recording for future recordings still no solve. Groan.

#7 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 9,227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

And the always present progress bar issue still not fixed as well as the error about program still recording for future recordings still no solve. Groan.

I don't think the potion in bold is an issue at this point, more like expected behavior.

Edited by Scott Kocourek, 31 October 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   tkdsmurf

tkdsmurf

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

How many different series recordings can be set up on the genie's memory. The regular HD DVR used to be a limit of 50.

#9 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 9,227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

How many different series recordings can be set up on the genie's memory. The regular HD DVR used to be a limit of 50.

Genie is 100.

#10 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 9,227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

The error message is still there but the action does take place.

Sorry for the confusion of the two posts.

#11 OFFLINE   Strayshot

Strayshot

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Still no folder access in Directv2PC.

#12 OFFLINE   BakeBarry

BakeBarry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

I already had my first lock-up since the update.

When I go to cancel a future recording from the to-do list, it is still saying that it has a partial recording that must be deleted.

#13 OFFLINE   lansbury

lansbury

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

The last three software upgrades my box has hung at 0% download each time. I have to red button reboot and then the box will subsequently download the software OK within a few hours.

It has happened again with this update and box is currently just rebooted.

#14 OFFLINE   lansbury

lansbury

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

Still no folder access in Directv2PC.

+1

#15 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

Got the 5d3 upgrade this A.M. and the issue, "pip locks up when you tune to the same channel in main window" is still there.
Has been there in last couple of updated.
Please DTV spend a little time on this and fix the problem.

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#16 OFFLINE   raromr

raromr

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

Same issue here since last 3 or 4 updates

#17 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

Got the 5d3 upgrade this A.M. and the issue, "pip locks up when you tune to the same channel in main window" is still there.
Has been there in last couple of updated.
Please DTV spend a little time on this and fix the problem.

J C

Despite the fact that I'm not sure why you would want to have the same channel in the PIP, I was curious. When I tried this, it did freeze when I selected a channel that was currently recording. When I swapped it, the PIP then worked fine, no freeze. Swap it back and it would freeze again. When I did the same test with a channel that wasn't recording, the PIP did not freeze at all.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#18 OFFLINE   TMan

TMan

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

As a five-day user of the HR34, is there an obvious way to recognize whether the unit has received a software upgrade without delving into menus and looking at hexidecimal version numbers?

I rebooted mine the first night, and it obviously performed a software update because it said it was doing so, but I don't know how it indicates this when initiating one on its own.

#19 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,310 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Only real way is to turn off the front panel lights. The setting doesn't survive a reboot.

Of course it doesn't necessarily mean it downloaded software, just that it rebooted, but if you have it on battery backup, the two generally go together.

#20 OFFLINE   gvc

gvc

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

As a five-day user of the HR34, is there an obvious way to recognize whether the unit has received a software upgrade without delving into menus and looking at hexidecimal version numbers?

I rebooted mine the first night, and it obviously performed a software update because it said it was doing so, but I don't know how it indicates this when initiating one on its own.

i could always tell because my recordings sort preference changes back to default (newest first) after a reboot. I prefer to sort oldest to newest. also, the 30 second skip used to default back to 30 sec slip but I think thats been fixed.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...