Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Genie: Version 0x05D3 - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

#301 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

Sounds like DTV needs some new engineers. Sorry if this is hard, but catastrophic issues shouldn't be showing up in a NR. That is what beta testing (CE) is all about. Customers shouldn't be having to find out about a "double red button reboot" trick on a forum to get there receivers working.

You can say that again. Needed new software engineers since last December when the new style GUI software started coming down. MY HR 23 and 24 are finally doing pretty good. I anxiously await the newest software for my HR34. Fourteen freezes since 0x5d3.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#302 OFFLINE   tonydi

tonydi

Mentor

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

I anxiously await the newest software for my HR34. Fourteen freezes since 0x5d3.

And zero here. Don't get me wrong, there are little things with mine that are annoying like how sometimes channel changes don't go smoothly or how you get the stupid message about something already recording when you try to delete a future recording, but I'm relatively happy with my experience.

I feel bad for you since you are one of a couple of forum members that have more than their fair share of problems with their HR34s. I don't recall, is yours an original one or have you gotten DTV to swap you for another?

#303 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Well the newest update, 0x5d4 rolled in a few days ago.... Locking up issue from a pause still not working. Had it. Called DTV, tech ran me thru the normal stuff, which I stated i have done at least 75+ times since owning this unit, yet i did it anyway to entertain the situation. Paused back to the future, pressed play it did not start up, Buffer recording it, yet rewind and play would yield no play results. Tried another random channel same results. Been a month plus now of this issue and increasing. Always takes a channel change then back to resume live.

Told tech new update I got was supposed to fix this, yet it did not. At the end he said the engineers are aware of this issue and to expect another update by weeks end and perhaps more next week. He claims they are not replacing Genies for lockups etc, as many are calling in with the same situations and more and sending a replacement would be a course of futility.

So there it is, a 1 year unit plus (Ive had it for 2 months) and we are beta testers. I asked about the last update and he kinda said it was to test to see if the fix would stop the issues, a hot fix if you will.... It did not and to expect more updates. I'm just about ready to flip out on DTV for this. I'm not a beta tester and reply was we are aware of the issue.... Conversation ended. I'm tired of this ****. I love the extra tuners, but how much more can a person take... Damn..

Edit... Put in 0x5d4 forum also as it discusses it directly.

Edited by Datagg, 09 February 2013 - 03:36 AM.

spam firewall