Perhaps some of you have had some of these problems, perhaps not. Anyway here goes.
1. Since 0x5d3 downloaded, my HR34 has frozen-up 5 times. It usually fixed itself after approximately a 3 to 5 minute wait.
2. The infernal TO RECORD THIS EPISODE prompt still appears when I change channels. I say this prompt should not appear when the RECORDING TIPS is turned off. Equally as annoying, the TO RECORD THIS EPISODE prompt appears when I play a previously recorded video!
Try going into settings and turning tips in. Exit out, scroll through the guide a bit, and then go back in and set recordings tips back to off. See if that turns them off.
3. Unlike my HR23 and HR24, the HR34 still does not properly AUTO-REWIND when I go from FFWD to PLAY. Sometimes it does AUTO-REWIND a little bit, but not nearly enough to compensate for my reaction time. MY HR23 and HR24 both AUTO-REWIND a reasonable amount to restart the video at a point several seconds before when I pressed PLAY.
4. Oftentimes when I go to the FFWD mode, the picture will freeze while the hard drive is actually fast forwarding "behind" the frozen picture.
5. Sometimes when I an in the FFWD mode and I press PLAY, nothing happens. In other words, the HR34 will simply keep on fast forwarding. Oftentimes I have to press PLAY as many as 5 times to get the HR34 to back to PLAY from FFWD.
6. I, like others have noted, get a message saying a program is recording when it is not. For example, when I try to delete a program on my TO DO list that is scheduled way in advance, I get the message.
This is a very week known bug. Just say yes cancel, and it will work out fine. They will get that fixed, hopefully with the next release.
7. For the life of me I can't figure out why when I am scrolling down through the GUIDE, the highlight will jump from the program area off to the left and highlight the station info. BTW: those white triangles don't mean a thing. Most if not all of the stations without the white triangle still yield a list of their up and coming programs.
Those triangle do mean something... Just not what you seem to think they mean. You can hit info on any channel and get the list of programs. That's been there on every receiver from day one. The triangles denote stations that are also available on demand and if you hit info, you should see an option on the right to select its on demand channel and see its on demand content.
This is also especially important now, as on many sd only channels, the on demand channels now have hd content.
8. Oftentimes when I use FFWD speed setting 4 to get to the end of a recorded video, when the HR34 gets to the end of the video, nothing happens. In other words, the dialog box asking me if I want to keep or delete the video does not appear.
Yep, seen that plenty. It seems to happen on ffwd 4 mostly, I just hit play, and then ffwd or skip and it will then get to the end and pop up.
9. Sometimes when I key in a new channel number, the new number will appear on the screen, but the HR34 doesn't switch to the new channel. Sometime I have to key in the new number as may as three times before the HR34 switches to the new channel.
I haven't seen that, but instead of keying it in multiple times, after you key it in the first time, hit the enter key. Not select, enter. It should tune immediately.
10. I find that my particular HR34 is still oftentimes very sluggish to respond to commands from the remote. I am sick and tired of pressing a function button on the remote and have nothing happen, or have what is supposed to happen actually happen 1,2,3,4,5 seconds later. I wish my HR34 worked as well as my 1977 Apple II.
I have seen some of the issues you have, and noted a few things in red above.
You seem to have a few more bugs that I have never seen though, and I wonder if maybe a guide flush might help, if you haven't tried that before. To do that, do a simple menu restart and then as soon as you are back up and running, do it again. that flushes all guide data and it will repopulate from scratch.
Also, any chance you have a second remote you could try? Maybe swap it with another receivers remote. Some of your issues almost sound remote related.
Edited by inkahauts, 04 November 2012 - 01:12 PM.