Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Good Bye Dish Hello U-verse

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tcaba

tcaba

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

What a shame.

Dish used their customers in an attempt to bargain with AMC. Well goodbye Dish it did not take me long to find another service after many years of mostly pretty good service, 11 years I believe. What really ticks me is the fact that Dish does not know what is owned and what is leased. In my case I have/HAD two 622 receivers, one leased and one that I own. Dish is so stupid and anal that you can only see BOTH as being leased......So in the interest of ME and my blood pressure and aggravation and waste of time I'm going to send both back, (no I cannot find a receipt from 2 or 3 years ago).

BUT

I am going to use what would have been aggravating and time consuming to spread the word and pursue all my fellow friends and relatives to drop dish and move to U-verse that can move. I've already convinced one friend to make the jump. No I won't go so far as Charter Cable they really suck and Dish service really was pretty good...it's just the AMC thing showed what Charlie and his gang think of their customers.

Let's see that's $93 a month or $1,116 a year and my bud he's cheaper than me only about $72 a month or $864 a year. Wow that really starts adding up $1,980 and just two former customers.

So I guess Dish was pretty smart when you made the decision to screw your customers huh.

Now I have to endure all the calls wanting to know how Dish can get me back, that's so stupid.

Ohhh, what really takes the cake is because of that AMC crap dish will now give HD for life FREE. Funny I had to cancel my service before any communication came concerning that offer.

Oh well too late. So long and Good Luck you managerial morons. I hope your next screw job turns out better.

p.s. my first task on Saturday will be taking the dish off my house.........................Good bye! :D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,915 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Enjoy the subpar PQ and limited HD streams.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

all I can say is LOL

#4 OFFLINE   prabs24

prabs24

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Goodbye tcaba! Dont let the door hit you on the way. Oh BTW guess we will see you again after a year when your Uverse contract runs out! LOL

#5 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

What a shame.

ROTFL-I had to check but was not surprised to see this was post #1

#6 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Goodbye tcaba! Dont let the door hit you on the way. Oh BTW guess we will see you again after a year when your Uverse contract runs out! LOL

Agreed.

#7 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

The HD Free for Life deal that's been offered for years now? Yeah. total secret. :rolleyes:

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#8 OFFLINE   sregener

sregener

Godfather

• Registered
  • 590 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

...it's just the AMC thing showed what Charlie and his gang think of their customers.

Um... You're a little late to the table. Dish and AMC reached a settlement and AMC has been back on the air now for almost two weeks. I suppose if one were in the mood to argue, AMC showed what they think of their customers, too, by not reaching a reasonable settlement sooner.

#9 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,618 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

What a shame.

Dish used their customers in an attempt to bargain with AMC. Well goodbye Dish it did not take me long to find another service after many years of mostly pretty good service, 11 years I believe. What really ticks me is the fact that Dish does not know what is owned and what is leased. In my case I have/HAD two 622 receivers, one leased and one that I own. Dish is so stupid and anal that you can only see BOTH as being leased......So in the interest of ME and my blood pressure and aggravation and waste of time I'm going to send both back, (no I cannot find a receipt from 2 or 3 years ago).

BUT

I am going to use what would have been aggravating and time consuming to spread the word and pursue all my fellow friends and relatives to drop dish and move to U-verse that can move. I've already convinced one friend to make the jump. No I won't go so far as Charter Cable they really suck and Dish service really was pretty good...it's just the AMC thing showed what Charlie and his gang think of their customers.

Let's see that's $93 a month or $1,116 a year and my bud he's cheaper than me only about $72 a month or $864 a year. Wow that really starts adding up $1,980 and just two former customers.

So I guess Dish was pretty smart when you made the decision to screw your customers huh.

Now I have to endure all the calls wanting to know how Dish can get me back, that's so stupid.

Ohhh, what really takes the cake is because of that AMC crap dish will now give HD for life FREE. Funny I had to cancel my service before any communication came concerning that offer.

Oh well too late. So long and Good Luck you managerial morons. I hope your next screw job turns out better.

p.s. my first task on Saturday will be taking the dish off my house.........................Good bye! :D

While I can understand your disappointment with DISH it's seldom we read about someone being so happy with downgrading to U-verse. Enjoy your loss.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#10 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

lol yeah HD free for life is totally a brand new deal. For sure, I know I never heard of it before the amc deal :rollseyes:

Of all the services, why U-Verse? lmao that is so ridiculously bad.
Why did you use your noggin and go with D*?

#11 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,249 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

^^^ D* fanbois version of fraternity hazing -- in the reverse, or perhaps more like trying to escape from a street gang. :bonk1:

How about a big hearty welcome for the newbie? :welcome_s

:rolleyes:

Edited by Nick, 02 November 2012 - 06:12 AM.

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#12 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,618 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

^^^ D* fanbois version of fraternity hazing -- in the reverse, or perhaps more like trying to escape from a street gang. :bonk1:

How about a big hearty welcome for the newbie? :welcome_s

:rolleyes:

Hazing? More like expressing their, not they're opinion. We've all noticed you have no problem doing that Nicky. :sure:

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#13 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,151 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

Anyone want to take bets as to whether this will be tcaba's first and only post? :sure:

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#14 OFFLINE   ehilbert1

ehilbert1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

What a shame.

BUT

Dude you picked the wrong forum for your rant. A lot of people here can't wait for a rant so they can pounce on you. Remember you did this to yourself. Now I'll just set back grab some popcorn and watch.

Oh by the way WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! :welcome_s

#15 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Yep, looks like a drive-by.

#16 OFFLINE   PCampbell

PCampbell

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

Uverse is not a bad survace if you are OK with there HD lite. The voice and internet work well for me but its DirectV for the HD picture.

DirecTV since 1996

Slimline 5
HR24-100
HR24-500
HR24-500

H24-700
ATT uverse internet

#17 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,103 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

What a shame.

BUT

You'll be sorry. I had U-verse for two weeks and it was a disaster! It's awful!

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#18 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,103 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

+1

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#19 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Don't forget about digital audio drop outs too!

#20 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,249 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Anyone want to take bets as to whether this will be tcaba's first and only post? :sure:

According to the less than friendly "welcome" tcaba received here, I wouldn't take that bet. :nono2:

Edited by Nick, 02 November 2012 - 04:57 PM.

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

spam firewall