Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Good Bye Dish Hello U-verse

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,499 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Even if he had received a warm welcome with no negative comments, what would be the purpose of a non-satellite subscriber to come back to a satellite only forum? To say that he screwed up, shouldn't have left DISH and ask how he could come back?

For the people who had satellite, joined our community and left for cable or another non-satellite I can see them staying on DBSTalk to continue to talk with the friends they made. But unless he really hates DISH and wants to keep complaining about it, I don't expect future posts.

tcaba is welcome to prove me wrong.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

I haven't figured out why he left. If it is the AMC deal then either he has his head in the sand and didn't know it was back or he bailed back in July and is just now coming around to post about it. No receipt for his 622, possibly bought online and could be confirmed with an email. Seems to me he is just a few fries short of a Happy Meal.
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

#23 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

What a shame.

Dish used their customers in an attempt to bargain with AMC. Well goodbye Dish it did not take me long to find another service after many years of mostly pretty good service, 11 years I believe. What really ticks me is the fact that Dish does not know what is owned and what is leased. In my case I have/HAD two 622 receivers, one leased and one that I own. Dish is so stupid and anal that you can only see BOTH as being leased......So in the interest of ME and my blood pressure and aggravation and waste of time I'm going to send both back, (no I cannot find a receipt from 2 or 3 years ago).

BUT

I am going to use what would have been aggravating and time consuming to spread the word and pursue all my fellow friends and relatives to drop dish and move to U-verse that can move. I've already convinced one friend to make the jump. No I won't go so far as Charter Cable they really suck and Dish service really was pretty good...it's just the AMC thing showed what Charlie and his gang think of their customers.

Let's see that's $93 a month or $1,116 a year and my bud he's cheaper than me only about $72 a month or $864 a year. Wow that really starts adding up $1,980 and just two former customers.

So I guess Dish was pretty smart when you made the decision to screw your customers huh.

Now I have to endure all the calls wanting to know how Dish can get me back, that's so stupid.

Ohhh, what really takes the cake is because of that AMC crap dish will now give HD for life FREE. Funny I had to cancel my service before any communication came concerning that offer.

Oh well too late. So long and Good Luck you managerial morons. I hope your next screw job turns out better.

p.s. my first task on Saturday will be taking the dish off my house.........................Good bye! :D

Well, Troll hope you enjoy the subpar and totally unreliable DVR equipment and crappy picture and continual buffering that goes along with ATT system. I have 2 friends that thought the grass was going to be greener and all I hear from them how the wish they had stayed with CABLE! Neither has clear southern access otherwise they both would be with a DBS provider!

#24 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Well, Troll hope you enjoy the subpar and totally unreliable DVR equipment and crappy picture and continual buffering that goes along with ATT system. I have 2 friends that thought the grass was going to be greener and all I hear from them how the wish they had stayed with CABLE! Neither has clear southern access otherwise they both would be with a DBS provider!

U-verse's Remotes and DVRS are really slow. They have more channels than Dish and DirecTV but it's not worth it.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#25 OFFLINE   paja

paja

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

I dumped DISH back in 2008 and went to U-verse. I am now with COMCAST. Having had DISH and U, DISH is by far a better product. While at the time, U's whole home dvr was nice, what eventually made it rotten was the limited hd streams. They touted you can record up to 4 shows at once. What they don't tell you is that they can't all be in hd, especially if you are watching shows while recording. At the time, I could only get 2 hd streams. I soon had 3 hd sets and could watch only 2 hd shows at once. I understand in my area you can now get 3 hd streams but even that sucks. Then there is the hd pq. DISH, COMCAST, and DIRECT all blow the soft hd pq of U away. In a word, awful. And they dumped a popular women's network some time ago, HALLMARK amd HALL MC. I was sorry I ever moved to U.

#26 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

What a shame.
What really ticks me is the fact that Dish does not know what is owned and what is leased. In my case I have/HAD two 622 receivers, one leased and one that I own. Dish is so stupid and anal that you can only see BOTH as being leased......So in the interest of ME and my blood pressure and aggravation and waste of time I'm going to send both back, (no I cannot find a receipt from 2 or 3 years ago).

You know this is a troll as people use credit cards to buy receivers. If that's truely the case, he could simplyhave his credit card company pull a copy of the receipt/charge to prove his comment about being "owned" with a simple phone call.

But alas, another one post wonder strikes again....:grin:

spam firewall