Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

using Sling Adapter, can't see programs on external hard drive connected to Hopper

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tenwinecans

tenwinecans

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

I have a Sling Adapter connected to my Hopper.

When I use Dish's Android/iOS App or DishOnline,
am I supposed to be able to see the programs on
the external hard drive connected to the Hopper?

Right now, only the programs recorded on the
Hopper's internal hard drive are visible.

Thanks! :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

I notice this is the case if the HD has powered down for energy savings. At least my HD does this after several hours of un-use. If it's up and running I can see all the shows on the IOS app.

#3 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

You will not see the content on your EHD when you sling. You have to transfer your recordings to the internal HD to view those recordings. Thanks.

I have a Sling Adapter connected to my Hopper.

When I use Dish's Android/iOS App or DishOnline,
am I supposed to be able to see the programs on
the external hard drive connected to the Hopper?

Right now, only the programs recorded on the
Hopper's internal hard drive are visible.

Thanks! :)

#4 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

Sorry Ray, not so. If my HD is spun up and active, I can see and access shows on my Sling adapter.

At least I use to be able to. Currently I cannot see anything but the DVR. However, my HD has not been used in several days so it is probably in OFF mode. I'll report back later.

#5 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

This feature ceased with the 922 and Hopper. You cannot see the DVR content while slinging from the 922 or Hopper. It does work with the 722/722k. Thanks.

Sorry Ray, not so. If my HD is spun up and active, I can see and access shows on my Sling adapter.

At least I use to be able to. Currently I cannot see anything but the DVR. However, my HD has not been used in several days so it is probably in OFF mode. I'll report back later.

#6 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Remote viewing from an EHD was never supported and still is not. It worked or works on the 722 because of a bug.

#7 OFFLINE   guruka

guruka

Troublemaker/Supporter

• Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

This is a BIG feature loss moving from the 722 to the Hopper! Please implement this feature in a Hopper software update.  I should be able to see and view ALL my recordings remotely using DISH Anywhere. Why not?  I viewed them for years remotely from my old 722 via my Sling adapter.

Enlightenment means never having another bad thing happen to you.

Hopper + Joey
Sats: 110/119/129
Samsung PN64F5500 Plasma

#8 OFFLINE   fredp

fredp

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

The Hopper(and I have a HWS) has been a series of frustration for lots of owners with the last couple of firmware updates.   More stuff broke then fixed for many(ie; EHD).   DISH almost seems to be taking it one step forward and two steps back for this product.         

#9 OFFLINE   hazmat456

hazmat456

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

I am having the same problem, uesd to be fine when I had vip and there is NO reason it cannot be done, just like there is NO good reason why I should need to have a internal sling to transfer recorded content to a device. If is has a slower processer than it will just take longer!

spam firewall