Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Thinking of getting HR34 and C31's. Some questions.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   GreenScrew

GreenScrew

Mentor

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

What should one expect to pay (one-time, not monthly) in order to go from an HR24 and two H24s to an HR34 and three c31s?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Joe1022

Joe1022

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Correct on the 30 skip/slip. get good with skip and the average commerical break is under 15 seconds even on a MRV set up.

The slip time is the same as FFx1 speed so 3 to 10 seconds on MRV remote viewing is normal. the Skip feature dose have about a 3 to 5 second delay start when using MRV other wise it's the same as using it on a localy recorded program.

The response time on dvr controls with MRV is due to network speed the faster your home network the lower the delay. (as i understand it and have found with my own system)

I have to say I am excited to try the 30 second skip when I get off work today! I used to have Dish and loved the skip and just always figured it wasn't possible with Direct.

Thanks for the tip!

#23 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Before doing anything else, you should determine how many tuners do you need to be recording at the same time. If no more than 5 then go for the HR34 and how many C31s would be needed to service the TVs.

I don't believe C31s count as having a tuner as it uses one from the HR34.

I just had the HR34 installed yesterday, and I'm not sure I understand this point. We have an HR34 and one C31 client. Does this mean I have four tuners available on the HR34 and not five, because the client is always using one?

Thank you

Sandra

#24 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,779 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

I just had the HR34 installed yesterday, and I'm not sure I understand this point. We have an HR34 and one C31 client. Does this mean I have four tuners available on the HR34 and not five, because the client is always using one?

Thank you

Sandra

The HR34 has five tuners. If you're using the C31, and want to watch live TV, it uses a tuner from the HR34, so the 34 can only record four programs at this time.
Turning off the C31, frees up the tuner for the 34 to use again.
You can also change the C31 to watching a recording which frees up the tuner.
A.K.A VOS

#25 OFFLINE   greencat

greencat

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

Questions about viewing conflicts. Can 2 C31 view the same recorded show from the HR34 at the same time?

Thanks
HR20-100
Former HR10-250 Owner
Several DirecTV Receiver with TiVo

#26 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,779 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

Questions about viewing conflicts. Can 2 C31 view the same recorded show from the HR34 at the same time?

Thanks

yes
A.K.A VOS

#27 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Thanks

The HR 34 and 3 -C31s can all watch the same recorded show at the same time.

And no its not mirrored.;)

If I have Boardwalk Empire recorded. And I'm watching it on my HR34, up to 3 other rooms can watch and Pause,Rewind/FF the same show all on their own ,at the same time with no conflict to any other room.
I've already done this with my HR34,23,and 2 H25's

Protected By... spam firewall...And...