Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Today was not a good day with the CSRs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   csgo

csgo

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

CSR's are barely employable people that have to follow a script. Anytime you have people at that level you cannot give them any authority.

It's really a game... companies no longer wish to solve problems, just have them go away. Most people eventually give up on these carefully crafted programs and remain profitable customers.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

CSR's are barely employable people that have to follow a script. Anytime you have people at that level you cannot give them any authority.

Judge much? Just...Wow.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#23 OFFLINE   markfp

markfp

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Maybe they are just getting slammed by all of the hurricane callers getting their credits. Today was an off day for everyone I spoke to.

You're right. With many thousands of customers without service, they've probably also had to add extra "temps" to help man the phones. They probably have little or no knowledge of the products other than what's on their scripts.

#24 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,519 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

As a DirecTV TEC agent, I can tell you, if you don't like it, go elsewhere.

You're talking out your butt. TEC agents are employees of NEW Corp, which provides 6 weeks of intensive training, with several tests required to be passed before going to the phones.

Geez you're a nice "TEC."
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#25 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,288 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

As a DirecTV TEC agent, I can tell you, if you don't like it, go elsewhere.

As a 4 year DirecTV customer I can tell you this has happened to me numerous times. Just happened to me recently. I needed a DECA for a R22 and was told that the R22 was not compatible and it wouldn't work. Then I found on DirecTV's own website that the DECA module does work on a R22.

The TEC agents are not always correct. Your response is almost offensive. That would be like me saying because you have had extensive training and I know more then you that you should get a new job. Not really a nice thing to say no matter if its true or not.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#26 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,288 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Doesn't matter what I "know." If the scripts say to tell the customer "A," and the customer-facing website says "B," that's not my issue. Even if I know the answer, I must stick to the script. Welcome to the real world, sweetie.

Sounds like with your attitude, you will go far in life. I give you r job with DirecTV 2 more months before you are gone. Good luck with what ever you do. I hope you never own your own company!
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#27 OFFLINE   Arubaflower

Arubaflower

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

After dealing with customers who are so stupid, they call DirecTV right away after hitting the input button, instead of learning how to use their equipment, I tend not to be "nice." You want nice, go to Dish.

If Dish was smart they'd hurry and churn out a new commercial with that quote as their main tagline stating something like: "From the lips of DirecTV's own agent: 'If you want nice, go to Dish'". It would top all prior advertising Madison Ave. ever created for Dish. :lol:

#28 OFFLINE   HarleyD

HarleyD

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

After dealing with customers who are so stupid, they call DirecTV right away after hitting the input button, instead of learning how to use their equipment, I tend not to be "nice." You want nice, go to Dish.

The irony being that if the customers were more knowledbeable in general and did not call in seeking assistance in the numbers they do, who would need you and your job?

If the customers were what you think they should be you would not have a job. Of course odds are you won't have one sooner than later anyway.
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
--Frank Zappa

#29 OFFLINE   Tisby

Tisby

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

You're talking out your butt. TEC agents are employees of NEW Corp, which provides 6 weeks of intensive training, with several tests required to be passed before going to the phones.

Did an install for a TEC agent yesterday. Been working for NEW for a few weeks and didn't have a clue how anything worked. Followed me around the entire time and kept asking me questions about people who called in with problems that "the book" didn't know how to fix. After the install she still didn't have a clue. Kept asking where "the SWM" was. Points at a splitter: "Is that the SWM?" Points at the Power Inserter: "So is that the SWM?" She said that she has been told not to send a a technician or she'll be penalized and to get the customer off of the phone ASAP whether or not the problem is fixed. She just has to hope that they don't call in again. I've always felt guilty signing up a customer for the PP but it's a "requirement" for me so I talk them into it. I knew it was bad, but I never realized just how bad it was. :nono2:

#30 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 19,355 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

What does TEC mean? When you use acronyms, it's always good form to explain them so us stupid folks can keep up.

Rich

#31 OFFLINE   Combat Medic

Combat Medic

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

Doesn't matter what I "know." If the scripts say to tell the customer "A," and the customer-facing website says "B," that's not my issue. Even if I know the answer, I must stick to the script. Welcome to the real world, sweetie.

Which only supports the argument that you aren't needed to be that technical. Why bother if you are only allowed to follow scripts?

#32 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 19,355 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

TEC is an inside reference, so that DirecTV agents on this board know I'm legit. TEC is the internal code for the technical support queue, just as when you talk to BGI, or Billing/Gen. Inquiries when you call about those sorts of issues.

Thanx, I had no idea what that meant.

Rich

#33 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

You're talking out your butt. TEC agents are employees of NEW Corp...

The only tech agents that are employees of National Electronics Warranty, LLC (NEW) are the Protection Plan tech agents. NEW does not do all of DirecTV's technical troubleshooting. For example, I work for DIRECTV, LLC as a tech agent. You can see in my sig how long I've been with the company. Other tech agents may work for Convergys or other third party customer service providers.

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#34 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 19,355 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

The only tech agents that are employees of National Electronics Warranty, LLC (NEW) are the Protection Plan tech agents. NEW does not do all of DirecTV's technical troubleshooting. For example, I work for DIRECTV, LLC as a tech agent. You can see in my sig how long I've been with the company. Other tech agents may work for Convergys or other third party customer service providers.

Does that mean the whole PP is now staffed by NEW employees?

Rich

#35 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 727 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

The only tech agents that are employees of National Electronics Warranty, LLC (NEW) are the Protection Plan tech agents. NEW does not do all of DirecTV's technical troubleshooting.

I'm glad someone clarified this. We're not all like this guy!
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#36 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,358 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

"Someone" is going to have a lot more "free time" on their hands. :eek2:
A.K.A VOS

#37 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 727 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

I doubt that. To the best of my knowledge, N.E.W. agents handle all TEC calls, except for HR34 troubleshooting, and that practice ended a couple weeks ago, with N.E.W. taking over HR34 troubleshooting. So if N.E.W. doesn't handle all TEC calls, it certainly handles the lion's share.

Your knowledge is not correct.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#38 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 727 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. N.E.W. does, for now, handle TEC calls. Whether it's all of them or some of them doesn't really matter. My experiences and opinions relate to that.

Fair enough.

Edited by JBv, 09 November 2012 - 11:20 AM.

DirecTV Employee

#39 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 836 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

They dont handle TEC calls for customers without the protection plan which is a whole lot of customers. So no NEW does not handle all technical calls.

#40 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,077 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

And, if you bothered to read the above post, I acknowledged that whether NEW handles some or all tech calls doesn't matter.

You mean the post above that you've edited at least three times, including once at 8:16 after West99999 posted his comment at 8:15? Hard to have a conversation when it gets changed after the fact.

spam firewall