Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Today was not a good day with the CSRs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,216 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

I never said I am never wrong, but you seem to be saying the customer is never wrong.

You will note that I never said one word about the customer never being wrong. Most of them know less than you guys do, I know that. But "we" are not "most customers". "We" usually have tried everything we know to fix the problems we have or come here to get answers that will lead to resolving our problems.

I, in fact, have admitted in this thread that I've been wrong about some aspects of NEW's relationship with DirecTV. Even so, my experiences in the TEC queue are legitimate, whether NEW handles just the PP calls or 20% of the TEC calls, or however it's doled out. In fact, the people who've pointed things out in this thread have, to me, proven that NEW is redundant, and DirecTV, in my opinion, would be better served without them, financially and in terms of customer satisfaction.

What you've done in this thread is alienate yourself as those in that ~ 5% always do. By stating what you perceive as "facts". Even your peers, who seem much more sensible than you, are correcting you.

Facts are facts: the scripts must be used. If customers got a tech and replacement with no questions asked, DirecTV would be in financial peril. It's in everyone's best interests, in my opinion, to frustrate the customer into giving up, essentially beating them into submission, paying their bill and shutting up, as it should be. Being part of that process is very pleasing.

Again, you assume your "facts" are correct while your peers correct you.

Just like everyone else, I am wrong at times. However, again, rules are rules. Just because some idiot made up the "customer is always right" nonsense doesn't make it so. The way you tell it, I should just go, "Derr...sure, Mr. Customer, I'll send a tech out free of charge just because you asked for it. No troubleshooting needed...derrr." Nope. Doesn't work that way.

I'm not suggesting you do anything. You probably can't change the way you are.

Rich

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,216 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

And that's the problem...you customers think you're owed the world. And you wonder why people like me hate people like you. Just pay your bill, suck it up, and shut up.

I've been "hated" by that ~ 5% group for years. I didn't hate them, I just didn't give them any work to do. Just let them sit until boredom made them transfer to another group or quit. Unfortunately, another of your brethren would eventually show up and the process would begin again.

Rich

#83 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,833 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

Folks, let's be a little more polite to each other. I have received multiple requests to close this thread and issue bans, and I would prefer to do neither, but you all have to cooperate and be a little nicer.

Please don't make me ask again.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#84 OFFLINE   smitbret

smitbret

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Then do what Newshawk suggested to avoid getting a written?
Ive worked for both E* and D* at multiple levels in there call centers and both only wanted you to do 1 thing with the script and thats to follow it in its order.

You should have listened to your trainer when they taught you to take the customers word for it, you go down the list and if the customer says they already did something when you get to it oh well move along.

You must be new to the CSR game :lol:

To his defense, DirecTV has very clearly instructed us to have the customer physically perform each task in the troubleshooting steps and to not accept "I did that". In fact we specifically train to this behavior to help our agents convince the customer to redo the steps even though they have already done them.

Of course, it's always up to the discretion of the agent to determine if he/she can bend the rules. If the agent can resolve the situation then it's ok. However, if the situation is not resolved and the agent did not require the customer to physically perform the task then the employee has failed to do their job.

#85 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,212 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Not pay per view. PPP, as in Protection Plan Premier. It MUST be pitched.

I haven't had DirecTV for over a year now but in the five years I had it no CSR ever mentioned the protection plan to me.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#86 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,212 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

It's in everyone's best interests, in my opinion, to frustrate the customer into giving up, essentially beating them into submission, paying their bill and shutting up, as it should be. Being part of that process is very pleasing.

Now there's a CSR that ought to either quit the job or be fired, IMO.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#87 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,642 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Now there's a CSR that ought to either quit the job or be fired, IMO.

Regardless of what may be posted, I've got it from several sources that one of these has happened. ;)
A.K.A VOS

#88 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,642 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Yes, indeed, but the question is: was the correct party fired? ;)

"Well" you do seem to have a lot of time to post here these days, so.... !rolling
A.K.A VOS

#89 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Let's see...

Believe anondtvtec or believe veryoldschool?

Trust the new guy or the guy who I've gotten to know over 38,000 posts?

This is a tough one!
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#90 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,642 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

The ultimate question is this: what will happen at the end of November?

Do we really care? :confused:
A.K.A VOS

#91 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,642 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

You care enough to keep replying to me, Sparky.

The question was about November, not so much about you.
A.K.A VOS

#92 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,642 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Well, as for that question... No big deal.

Guess there's the answer for us.
A.K.A VOS

#93 OFFLINE   smitbret

smitbret

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Folks, let's be a little more polite to each other. I have received multiple requests to close this thread and issue bans, and I would prefer to do neither, but you all have to cooperate and be a little nicer.

Please don't make me ask again.

Yeah, this thread isn't going anywhere. How do I request it be locked and/or deleted? Nothing good coming out of this and I'm almost embarrassed to have been a part of it.

#94 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,642 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

How do I request...

The report option with the red triangle over to the left of the posts.
A.K.A VOS

#95 OFFLINE   DLP2008

DLP2008

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

I see his twitter has disappeared....

spam firewall