Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

anybody else prefers a list of programs under DVR? (instead of thumbnails)

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   JeffL

JeffL

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

I don't mind the Deleted Recordings one because it is at the end. But is there any way to put the Rentals one at the end or get rid of it (we don't rent movies from Dish)? Dish should be smart enough to know if there are no rentals then don't display it at all!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   qwerty

qwerty

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Absolutely!!! I'm new to Dish, and was hoping to find an option to switch to a list.

#23 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 521 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Absolutely!!! I'm new to Dish, and was hoping to find an option to switch to a list.

Use folders by name, sorted by DVR date (or alpha) and each icon will lead to a list, which you can sort by episode number. You will get used to it quickly and never want to go back. A list would typically show about the same number of items as are shown with the icons - no gain there.

#24 OFFLINE   jerry downing

jerry downing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 531 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

I would like the ability to rename movies as I did before. I used to rename movies that I recorded from Cinemax with the name "Rawhide". (My wife doesn't watch westerns.) Now I can't do that.

#25 OFFLINE   qwerty

qwerty

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Use folders by name, sorted by DVR date (or alpha) and each icon will lead to a list, which you can sort by episode number. You will get used to it quickly and never want to go back. A list would typically show about the same number of items as are shown with the icons - no gain there.

Thanks. That's the way I have it now. I would still prefer a list, and I don't see any reason why that couldn't be another option.

#26 OFFLINE   bjh

bjh

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Just got Dish installed last night with the Hopper and this was one of the first things I noticed (mainly in the search). I don't enjoy the thumbnails at all and was looking for a way to switch to a list. Hope this gets added at some point.

#27 OFFLINE   Poco Askew

Poco Askew

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

REALLY don't like the thumbnails - hard to read and when you land on one, it goes dark making it nearly impossible to see what you've got.
Moving a cursor up and down is better/easier than move up, down, left, and right.
"Wrap around" for cursor moves is inconsistent with the thumbnails.
When a recording is deleted, the other thumbnails sometimes don't refresh into the correct positions requiring and exit from the list and then back again.
PLEASE bring back the list.
Also, it would be nice to have My Recordings and PTAT all in the same folder so I don't have to jump back and forth to choose what to view.

Edited by Poco Askew, 06 March 2013 - 12:09 PM.

Do you ever feel you're not a big fish in a small pond, or even
a small fish in a big pond, but rather a small fish in a big fish?

#28 OFFLINE   Continental Divide

Continental Divide

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

We appreciate the feedback! I have forwarded the requests.

Please forward the request again Raymond... this option is way over due IMO!
"Theoretically television may be feasible, but I consider it an impossibility, a development which we should waste little time dreaming about."
~Lee de Forest -1926.

#29 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,859 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

It would be nice to have an option for those who prefer a list of shows/events.

#30 OFFLINE   Oilspot

Oilspot

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

It would be nice to have an option for those who prefer a list of shows/events.

Agree! The icons are a bit too busy and sometimes hard to read or decipher on my tiny 60 inch screen. It is worse on my smaller TVs

#31 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,859 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

I'm often using 32" TV, you could imagine how bad is the icon's reading ....

#32 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

It's even worse on standard-definition TVs, or it was before I replaced mine, lol. Even had one as small as 13 inches, can you imagine? :hurah:

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#33 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 521 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

I don't see the problem. They are easy to read on my 21" kitchen TV.

#34 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,859 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

I wouldn't surprise if dish gamma testers live in mansions full of HDTV sizes 70"+ :D

#35 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,859 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

I don't see the problem. They are easy to read on my 21" kitchen TV.

Yes, if you stay at 2' distance from it.

#36 OFFLINE   xfoneguy

xfoneguy

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:44 AM

Another thing I miss from my "D*" days is the ability to select a list of program episodes and be able to play that entire list one after the other with just one click......

#37 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Registered
  • 927 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

I want pull down menu so we the customer can pick- Icon view or List view please.
"We need more power Scotty" Kirk

#38 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 521 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Yes, if you stay at 2' distance from it.

...or have decent visual acuity.

#39 OFFLINE   charlesrshell

charlesrshell

AllStar

• DBSTalk Club
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Would like a choice please.

Dish 1000+ / Dish 500 / SIRIUS Radio / OTA Terrestrial Digital DB4 / 26 dB Pre-Amp / SlingBox 500
119 / 110 / 61.5 / 118.7 / 129 / DPP44x2 / Duo Nodex2  /  Hopper w/Slingx4 / Joeyx1 / 500G WD My DVR Expander EHDx2

AEP HD / Xtsy / Multi-Sport / Blockbuster@Home / International Basic / Italian Raitalia / Heartland / Outdoor Sports
50" Samsung HD LED / 50" Panasonic HD Plasma / 50" Vizio HD LED / 40" Samsung HD LED / 32" Vizio HD LCD

#40 OFFLINE   charlesrshell

charlesrshell

AllStar

• DBSTalk Club
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Also, it would be nice to have My Recordings and PTAT all in the same folder so I don't have to jump back and forth to choose what to view.

I didn't like jumping back and fourth either. I made a record series for our favorite PTAT shows. The PTAT recording will be with your other recordings so you won't have to go to the PTAT folder. The timer will count toward the 96 timer limit but will not be a priority issue.

Dish 1000+ / Dish 500 / SIRIUS Radio / OTA Terrestrial Digital DB4 / 26 dB Pre-Amp / SlingBox 500
119 / 110 / 61.5 / 118.7 / 129 / DPP44x2 / Duo Nodex2  /  Hopper w/Slingx4 / Joeyx1 / 500G WD My DVR Expander EHDx2

AEP HD / Xtsy / Multi-Sport / Blockbuster@Home / International Basic / Italian Raitalia / Heartland / Outdoor Sports
50" Samsung HD LED / 50" Panasonic HD Plasma / 50" Vizio HD LED / 40" Samsung HD LED / 32" Vizio HD LCD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...